THE SCENE: it's your birthday, holla! You're in New York to celebrate, wanting a not-so quiet girls night out and you're more than ready to paint the town red. You'll take a town car downtown to an uber cool Moroccan restaurant where you'll indulge in your favorite North African delicacies. Following that, (copious) drinksies at a rooftop bar two blocks south. The men will be dapper, the chandeliers decadently lavish and twinkling under the night sky. There will be fresh blooms as far as the eye can see and most importantly the cocktails will be plentiful and continuously overflowing.
Yes it's my birthday today and that means I have officially moved into that oh-so dreaded late twenties age bracket. But between you, me and the world as a whole I will forever be 26 for as long as I can get away with it. And if my wonderful cousin Paul is reading this, don't you go blurting otherwise dammit! I'll keep your secret if you keep mine buddy. I want to send colossal thank you's to all those lovely people who took the time to actually read my previous post Meloncholia. I know it was a long one and I probably sounded like a massive Debbie-Downer. I can't tell you how truly appreciative I am for all those sweet messages and reminders. You guys helped me put things into perspective and boy am I indebted to you. Not just for reading those rambles but for the words of encouragement. So much love for you guys right now.
CLOCKWISE
Bracelet set (similar here)


Happy Birthday Sonia!!! Have a wonderful time in the city. Be safe, be careful and have FUN!!!
ReplyDeleteP.S. Where's the splash of red. A girl always needs to be reminded of the "mean reds" even on her birthday:)
Thank you Louise xx
DeleteReally cute look! I love those gold shoes!
ReplyDeleteMelanie @ meandmr.com
Happy Belated Birthday Sonia!! :) Hope you enjoyed your day! And loveee the collage you came up with!! :) Just like you, I prefer to look simple, structured and classy on my birthday!! :)
ReplyDeletehttp://anshul90.com
Thanks lovely xx
DeleteThese are great choices
ReplyDeleteCandice | Beauty Candy Loves
♥♥♥
Happy happy birthday Sonia! I'm TOTALLY with you. I just turned 27 at the end of December and for once, I actually felt old since I was like wow, I'm in the upper 20's bracket now heheh. Hope you have a great time celebrating and I'm excited to see your bday outfit!
ReplyDeleteTina
www.justatinabit.com
Oh I know that feeling. I spent though years telling people I was in my mid twenties, up until now were 29 is obviously not. Sad face. xx
DeleteHappy birthday Sonia!! How I wish I can also celebrate my birthday in NYC.
ReplyDeleteJanelle | Styles & Prints
Thanks Janelle xx
Deletelovely post! Happy bday!
ReplyDeletehttp://www.shopstyle.com/action/loadRetailerProductPage?id=469722163&pid=uid7441-25962271-17
Thanks xx
DeleteThose pants are my world! So sleek and effortless but they look so classy! Way out my budget zone tho :-( beautiful outfit inspiration and Happy Birthday <3
ReplyDeletewww.krystelcouture.com ♥
Ahh yes, mine too but a girl can dream no?! xx
DeleteHappy Birthday Sonia may it be filled with what your heart desire is your special day so go have a blast. Oh yeah age is nothing but a number is how we feel that counts. Enjoy your Birthday and weekend.
ReplyDeleteAwww thank you so much Jackie xx
DeleteWishing you the happiest of all birthdays! Have a wonderful day and I hope you get spoil lots and lots! :)
ReplyDelete♥Natalie
Yours Truly, NY
Thanks doll xx
DeleteSonia! I won't repeat myself too much, just wanted you to know how awesome you are :)! 26, 29, 43, doesn't matter, I know you'll always keep on rocking through your life <3. Enjoy today, I'm thinking bout you :*!
ReplyDeletexx
<3 thanks love xx
DeleteI've decided to adopt you as my first official blog friend! Your comment was so long and thought out and great! Thanx for taking the time to really respond to me and not with some half hearted comment either. You're amazing :)
ReplyDeleteOh right.. I WISH I was in NYC for my birthday!! Phwoar. But I guess London isn't too shabby is it?
HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my new blog friend - I hope you have a wonderfully memorable day and an even more splendid evening. No doubt you will celebrate in style (literally).
http://www.mystery-girl007.blogspot.com/
Nawww yay! Blog friends! And girl sorry if I rambled hehehe. I don't do half-generic responses. We all take precious time and effort into our blogs and posts and it is the least I can do to actually read and leave a proper response. Otherwise that shit is just rude! xx
DeleteBefore dealing with health issues, I used to dread my birthdays and getting older but being unwell can really put things into perspective and now I look at every birthday as a gift. And age is just a number anyway. You will be fabulous no matter how old you are Sonia. Happy birthday fellow Aquarius! Hope your celebration is totally amazing!
ReplyDeleteThank you my fellow Aquarian! xx
DeleteFabulous post!
ReplyDeletexoxo;
BEAUTYEDITER.COM
FOLLOW ME: FACEBOOK / BLOGLOVIN
Very pretty style, by the way I'm wearing extensions, Have a great week end!
ReplyDeleteAhhh! Well they looked gorgeous on you! xx
DeleteHappy b-day! The story was an interesting read and the outfit is very classy!
ReplyDeletesunandsany
Thanks doll xx
DeleteHappy Birthday my fellow Aquarian :). I am so loving this outfit. And those shoes... gorg
ReplyDeleteKay of Pure & Complex
www.purecomplex.com
Thank you xx
DeleteLove thisss!!!
ReplyDeleteI'm totally in love with this outfit!
ReplyDeleteAmazing!
xoxo
beblondie.blogspot.com
Loving those pants and the clutch!!
ReplyDeletexoxo
Kaley
My Closet Life Blog
Yes! I agree, loving this combo. The jacket to make an entrance and once things get popping, off it goes to show off the details. Happy Birthday!
ReplyDeleteThanks lovely xx
DeleteThis outfit is everything! Love it! Have a nice weekend!
ReplyDeletehttp://fabuloustorture.blogspot.com
Happy birthday, Sonia! Woot woot! :) And I want that cutout top!
ReplyDeleteThanks doll xx
DeleteThis outfit is sheer perfection. The perfect birthday look. Enjoy it my dear!
ReplyDeleteAmy Ann
The Real Arnolds
Happy Birthday!! :) Love those pants :D
ReplyDeletehttp://floralsandsmiles.blogspot.ca/
twitter.com/floralandsmiles
Happy belated birthday! I hope you had a fantastic day - and that you wore something just as stylish as this outfit! :)
ReplyDeleteAway From The Blue
Thank you Mica xx
DeleteI love these striped pants! Great outfit Sonia!
ReplyDelete♥♥♥
Jeanne
http://fashionmusingsdiary.com
happy birthday! i love how the slouchy pants are made proper with the pinstripes, and they would look so great with pumps! x
ReplyDeleteNatalie / Salt & Sail
Thank you xx
DeleteMuch love to you too, bday girl! Hope you are having a huge blast! Ah, that scenario in NYC would be dreamy, as the whole outfit you created, give me the heels and the pants please!:) Sonia, you see now starts the real fun, trust me:) Many kisses and have lots of fun! xo
ReplyDeleteThank so much Lilli. Yes, that would be an epic celebration indeed xx
DeleteSHOES <33333
ReplyDeleteFELIZ CUMPEAŃOS, HAPPY BIRTHDAY,100 LAT :)
Delete(in my 3 leaguages :* )
Awww thank you Ines xx
DeleteA simply wonderful look Sonia!!
ReplyDeleteSee you soon, kiss
Paolo
Happy Birthday! Just embrace every day as they come and don't obsess about a number. Choose happiness and fun!
ReplyDeletewww.LUXESSED.com
Thank you lovely, for the reminder and the birthday love xx
Deletegreat choices!!
ReplyDeletethat's amazing look!
http://rueoh.blogspot.it
Happy belated birthday, that is one stunning look, great styling dear !
ReplyDeleteFashion and Cookies
Facebook / G+ / Bloglovin
Thanks xx
DeleteThat would look gorgeous on you.
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday ♥
first of all happy birthday dear. The outfit you chose is great becouse it is trendy and glamorous as a birthday girl should be. Don't worry about time, I'm dure best times are yet to come.
ReplyDeletexxx
mari
www.ilovegreeninspiration.com
Thank you Marina xx
DeleteI like it!!
ReplyDeleteFederica
http://www.thecutielicious.com
The Cutielicious
me encanta el top!
ReplyDeletewww.sweetperdition.com
www.sweetperdition.com
Black is always a good colour for events, it can be both daring and classy. Gorgeous styling!
ReplyDeleteFashionably,
Patricia
http://www.wingsforliberty.com/
Oh this is definitely something I would wear for the birthday as well. Love this jacket and amazing heals. Happy birthday darling, all the best. Kiss, Mel
ReplyDeletewww.livingoncloude9.com
Thank you Mel xx
DeleteIts gorgeous but i wouldnt wear the pants but the top is gorgeousssssssss!
ReplyDeletehttp://thelittlefashionistafx.blogspot.com/
Happy belated b-day Sonia!!!!!
ReplyDeleteThis look is stunning....I love every single piece!!!!
Have a lovely WE!
Kisses, Paola.
Expressyourself
My Facebook
Thanks Paola xx
DeleteHope you had a brilliant Birthday!
ReplyDeleteThis is a lovely outfit and every piece is just stunning,
26 is a wonderful age don't feel down about it ;)
Meme xx
Latest post out now 'Waterstones Mini Haul'
http://thedayinthelifeofmexoxo.blogspot.co.uk/
Thank you xx
DeleteGreat find! I love the heels.
ReplyDeletehttps://blogthebutterfly.wordpress.com
soon it's my birthday hehe love the shoes :)
ReplyDeletekisses
www.carmy1978.com
This is really lovely....Happy Birthday wishes...I hope you enjoyed your special day & all your wishes come true Xxx
ReplyDeleteThanks lovely xx
Deleteb eautiful pants
ReplyDeletewww.mrsnoone.it
kiss
Awesome look Sonia! My favorite are jacket and shoes!!! Have a nice day, kisses,
ReplyDeleteEni
Eniwhere Fashion
Eniwhere Fashion Facebook
Hey this is a great look to wear to your Birthday! Happy Birthday, my Birthday is the 28th : )
ReplyDeleteAllie of ALLIE NYC
allienyc.com
Oh! Well happy belated birthday greetings to you too dear Allie xx
Deletethis is a great look! i love this inspiration, my birthday is coming up at the end of february and i will definitely wear something similar i think! i will be 26, so moving into late 20s as well... sigh!
ReplyDelete- Andrea
www.phdfashionista.com
Just came across your blog, one day to late - but hope you still accept my Happy Birthday!! wishes :)
ReplyDeleteGreat picks!
Rosa
Styleyourselfinstyle.blogspot.com
Awww of course I will. Thank you xx
DeleteHappy belated bday dear! I love this set!
ReplyDeleteBaci,
Coco et La vie en rose - Valeria Arizzi
Thanks Coco xx
DeleteHappy Birthday!
ReplyDeleteBlack and gold... classic combo :)
xo, tasha
twenty-something blog
Happy Bday beautiful! All the best! This selection is WOW! Perfect ideas for a stylish and chic night, what you deserve!
ReplyDeletexx
cvetybaby.com
Thank you darling xx
DeleteThose gold shoes are amazing!!
ReplyDeleteGeorgia www.lumublog.com
Wow!!!!
ReplyDeleteGreat pumps!!!
xoxo
www.bellezzefelici.blogspot.com
Oh very cute picks dear
ReplyDeletexx
www.sakuranko.com
Happy belated birthday! I loved the outfit you created.
ReplyDeleteObsessed Fashion Blog
Thanks xx
DeleteYou have excellent taste! This is most definitely a look I would love to celebrate my birthday in and especially those heels! However, most importantly.. Happy Birthday!! I had missed your previous post that you claim to have sounded like a Debbie-Downer through, so I've read it and honestly I just had to say that it is never too late to pursue your dreams! Not that appearances matter with regard to pursuing dreams, but you look as though you are much younger and so just convince yourself you are. This would seem like a good time to mention that I really admire your writing and your blog in general has quickly become one of my favourite destinations in the blogging world. As far as blogging goes, I'm very happy to have you around and with regard to whatever your dreams may be, keep chasing them Sonia! :)
ReplyDeleteGabrielle | A Glass Of Ice
x
Aww thank you G, for the support and birthday love. And the praise! I have to say I love your blog and your way with words too xx
DeleteHaha this is so funny I just posted my birthday outfit! Just wanted to say thank you for your amazing comment on my blog, it was awesome xx
ReplyDeleteThe Persephone Complex
Happy birthday, dear!
ReplyDeleteI would like to wear all these pieces!
xoxo
www.donkeycool.es
Thanks xx
Deletefoxy ensemble!!! happy bday!! :D
ReplyDeletehappy february!
Animated Confessions
Thanks xx
DeleteHappy Birthday Sonia!! I hope you had a fantastic celebration with your loved ones :) Awesome choice of outfit. I adore the crop top, clutch, and the shoes! Those shoes are insanely gorgeous <3
ReplyDeleteTake care always, love Christine ~ xx
BLOG | BLOGLOVIN' | TWITTER | FACEBOOK
Thank you Christine xx
DeleteSuch a perfect birthday outfit! Loving those heels!
ReplyDelete<3 Shannon
Upbeat Soles
Such a chic look. Love the heels.
ReplyDeletewww.effortlesslady.com
Happy late birthday Sonia. I miss you too:). You would rock this super chic set:). I hope you had an awesome time and gets what you have wished for. Yaay I know right? I hope all is well with you Sonia. Talk soon:).
ReplyDeleteXo Tanya.
http://attraction2fashion.com
Thank you Tania! xx
DeleteSuch a classy gorgeous look. I especially think the shoes and pants are a stand out..
ReplyDeleteHappy birthday! Continue partying...and yes, life is still glorious in your 30s!
ReplyDeletexoxo,
little luxury list formerly Chic 'n Cheap Living
Hehehe thank you lovely xx
DeleteHehehe! Thank you Marlen and yeah that clutch though. Forget the price and keep on dreaming xx
ReplyDeleteOh those Gianvito Rossi! Can I have a pair exactly that for my birthday not so long ago?? But no really, this is like THE (indeed I emphasized the) birthday outfit in New York! I would totally wear this downtown!
ReplyDeleteAmazing set dear! :)
ReplyDeleteIsa M., Tic Tac Living