Whilst facing a long weekend with only bad reality TV, my dog Chanel and some nasty a** virus that decided to take residence, I found this awesome DIY over at Frankie Magazine! Yarn fonts is a little bit chic and a whole lot of hipster cool, the idea originally stemmed from a kiddie DIY over on Bloesem Kids, but nevertheless, CHALLENGE EXCEPTED! Now feel free to use whatever word comes to mind like if you'd rather use your name etc. I used the word 'love' so I you want to do the same I promise I won't mind!
Also, if you didn't notice this is my first ever DIY post, so I hope I've provided enough deets for y'all! Now to start...
Pretty straight forward, you'll need some pipe cleaners and yarn. I wanted to use twine for my own but at the time, all I could find some pastel pink crochet thread so go ahead and use whatever in whatever colour you'd like or can find, the skies the limit!
To shape your word you can do it in either two ways. One is to connect your pipe cleaners into one, long line then shape into your word. The other is to shape each pipe cleaner into individual letters, making sure to leave some extra room for connecting them to each other, then twist them together to form your word. I used the later, as pictured, as it felt more comfortable for me.
Once your happy with your letter shape, wrap the yarn over and around until the pipe cleaner is completely covered and not visible and making it as thick as desired. I attached some funky red pom-poms onto the end of mine so feel free to let your creative juice run wild and add and personalize as you see fit.Et voila, you're finished and ready to display. Don't forget to reshape if needed then call your family and friends over to marvel at your creative genius and general awesomeness!
Hope you guys enjoyed this, if it get's too confusing you can also check out Bloesem Kids or holla at me and I'll set you straight. Don't forget to let me know if you'd like to see more DIY from me and I'll get my thinking cap right on!
Much love,





Aren't you clever!
ReplyDeleteladybear.me
iiii, good idea! nice done :)
ReplyDeleteIt seems to be easy! I want to try it!
ReplyDeleteDon't Call Me Fashion Blogger
Facebook
Bloglovin'
Thanks for your comment!!
ReplyDeletenice post :)
I've a new post, i hope you like it!!
kisses
Looks really cute Sonia! I love your pictures!
ReplyDeletexxx
Nina
http://trendsurvivor.com/
Aw that is too cute!
ReplyDeleteHope that nasty butt germ is gone by now!
x, Lara
http://rockteraptor.blogspot.fi/
How absolutely cute!
ReplyDeleteCasual Clothes for Less | Girlie Blog Seattle
Your attempt is great. I love this idea and will surely do this after exams while doing some arts :D!
ReplyDeleteAree
http://areewithumbrella.blogspot.com/
Hi dear, lovely diy idea, I love the result, I want to try it out! kisses and nice sunday:) chris
ReplyDeletelovely!!kisses
ReplyDeleteLovely tutorial! I'm your new follower from Italy, would you like to follow each other via gfc, facebook and bloglovin? Kisses Lucy www.tpinkcarpet.com
ReplyDeleteso lovely, great idea :)
ReplyDeleteLovely blog and post!!
ReplyDeleteOh and I would love to follow your blog, maybe you'd consider following eachother? :) Let me know xx
colourful-inspiration.blogspot.com
Great DIY! Could be a nice add-on to gift wrappings.
ReplyDeleteLUXESSED
Beautiful creative!
ReplyDeleteHope you are feeling way better now
such a cute DIY.. thanks for sharing hun!
ReplyDeletexo
Awww so cute! I want to try to make one now :)
ReplyDelete-Tammy
http://silksatinlace.blogspot.com/
SOO lovely!!!
ReplyDeletexxx
http://www.bonnie23blog.blogspot.ru/
Cool trick! I'm gonna be using that one fo shizz. :D
ReplyDeletePS. Make more diy stuff!
great idea ! :d
ReplyDeletecute blog! this is really nice :)
ReplyDeletexx
smudged-fingerprints.blogspot.com
OMG! Thanks for these. I will try this at home :P Really cute :)
ReplyDeletexo,
Daphne of Metamorphosis
OMG! This is such a beautiful and adorable idea :D Love it ^^
ReplyDeletexoxo
novelstyle.blogspot.com
this is nice! I'm getting necklace inspired thanks to you!
ReplyDeleteLove,
Jolien
http://julianaandthedaydream.blogspot.be
So cute!
ReplyDeleteAdorable! You have such a nice blog, would you be interested in following each other?
ReplyDeleteDasha x
http://touch-of-turquoise.blogspot.com
this is so cute! :)
ReplyDeletexo Katarina
http://mcqueenyy.blogspot.ca
Aw I love this, the result is so pretty, I am just imaging all the creative things you could do with the yarn font!
ReplyDeleteLOVE THIS. We're definitely going to give it a go and HOPEFULLY (key word) it turns out well enough to be part of our header!
ReplyDeleteThanks again for stopping by our blog :)
so creative and lovely! thanks for sharing!
ReplyDeleteLA By Diana Live Magazine
LOVE this! How incredibly cool.
ReplyDeletecool. what a simple way to add a special touch to a room...
ReplyDeletexx
www.atipsytart.blogspot.com
wait this is so cute!!!
ReplyDeletexx
www.fashionwillbe.blogspot.com
wow that is so neat! love it!
ReplyDeletecheck out the giveaway at your blog: http://www.counttofour.com/2012/11/count-to-four-shop-ear-warmer-headband.html
http://www.counttofour.com
Nice creation! It is so easy and fun to make this. Very cute indeed!
ReplyDeletehuman hair extensions online
Really beautiful Diy. Yes I would like to see more <3
ReplyDeletexo
glamDevils
NIce!!!
ReplyDeleteI LOVE this idea and you could even put a little pin thing on the back and wear it on sweaters or coats! I am totally stealing this idea! I hope you're feeling better dear!
ReplyDeleteGreat Idea and well done :)
ReplyDeleteI'll give it a shot this weekend :)
Love,
Janice
the-fashion-milkshake.blogspot.nl
This is such a great idea!
ReplyDeleteKisses, Lucy:)
Very nice idea! :)
ReplyDeleteLove this!! Soo cute!!
ReplyDeleteWith Love From Hollywood,
Kier
Fashion Addict
**Julep Maven Giveaway!**
Wow, Sonia! It looks fantastic, and so very easy to do, certainly relaxing...I'm trying it!
ReplyDeleteThanks for your sweet comments on my previous posting!
If you go through my site, you will find my new post, I hope you enjoy it!
Hope you have a fabulous start of the week!
Big hugs!
Inés
SimplyClassyMe.blogspot.com
Thats are very nice and cool DIY!!!
ReplyDeletekisses
Ohh thats sweet!
ReplyDeletethanks for inspiration and also for yr nice comment on my blog...
Im already following...yr blog is really nice...
have a nice day
http://cisarovenovesaty.blogspot.sk/
Very pretty DIY. Hope you are feeling better now. x
ReplyDeleteThis is a wonderful DIY and I love how easy it is to understand :) I thought it would be super hard to do but wow it actually looks pretty easy and it comes out so nice too. I definitely have to try this once I get yarn and pipe cleaners! I hope you get better soon.
ReplyDeleteWhat a fabulous DIY! So cute and seems so easy, love it!
ReplyDeletexo, Yi-chia
Always Maylee
Very cute! Love this idea! Hugs from Cali! xx The Golden Girls
ReplyDeleteawesome DIY
ReplyDeleteWow! Amazing and super cute DIY! Thanks for sharing :)
ReplyDeletexoxo
http://2minutosblog.blogspot.com
I really liked this DIY and I would love to see more :)
ReplyDeleteVery creative, I love the pale pink color it's so perfect for such a delicae word like love :)
This is so cool! Thanks for sharing. :)
ReplyDeleteaspiringforever.blogspot.com
Aww these are too cute!
ReplyDeleteDaisy Dayz
Cross-Jones-Photography
Hi Sonia, my dear!
ReplyDeleteIt was beautiful! Congratulations on the job! I loved it! And thank you for the affection ever okay?
Kisses Kika / Blog Acessarte
wow, this cud be framed up and given away as a nice gift :) u inspired me. Like hw u re-create ur own with some color contrast along the words.
ReplyDeleteCOOL
xoxo!
Cool DIY! Love it!
ReplyDeleteKisses
Aga
Check my new post
www.agasuitcase.com
OMG this is such a cute DIY!
ReplyDelete:)
Allison
P.S. Don't forget to enter my Fossil Vintage Revival Bag Giveaway! :)
A's Fashion Files
Shop Kawaii Kitsch by A on Etsy!
WOW, such a neat idea! I think you just nailed this DIY! Thanks for sharing!
ReplyDeleteJenny
www.jensoutfitjournal.com
Cute project!
ReplyDeleteXX,
Miranda
This is so pretty! Great idea for a DIY.
ReplyDelete<3 Josephine
www.champagnestar.com
Great DIY!
ReplyDeleteI'm mad about DIYs, you know ;)
9lla.it
fashion - beauty - DIYs
What a great idea, they look so cute :)
ReplyDeletexx
www.clothesandcamera.blogspot.com
So cute! Have a nice day! :)
ReplyDeletehttp://bygthoughts.blogspot.gr/
Nice post dear :)
ReplyDeletewaiting for the new one :)
Btw i have a new post on my blog dear hope u like it :D
http://putrivalentinalim.blogspot.com/
ReplyDeleteOhhhhh! Very nice! There are many ways of showing love, but this is beautiful... Wonderful.
Much love!
www.clubmujeresreales.blogspot.com
Great post, such a cute idea!
ReplyDeletexx
Kelly
Sparkles and Shoes
My 300 Follower Giveaway!
I just loved it!!
ReplyDeletexx
wow this is so cute ill have to try it :)
ReplyDeletexx
jess