Still in keeping with all things seventies, I've compiled my own must-have lust list. And then some, because attempting to keep within a five to six piece limit proved utterly impossible. For fashion in the seventies it was a wonderful whirlwind of colour. From folk to fringe and crochet to neutrals, anything went as long as it felt right. The seventies saw the attempt of eliminating boundaries and conformities. Freedom and love reigned and were to some point expressed through fashion. These days, when the modern era reminisces on the subject we notoriously associate it with bell bottoms, suede and fringing. Ultimately limiting and excluding ourselves from the droves of exuberant prints and bohemian like embellishments that too came from those days. Though most designers have embraced it fully, like Isabel Marant's major folk references (
here and
here) throughout her collections, same with Tamara Mellon (also see
here and
here). And of course Saint Laurent's playful star embellishments that have taken centre stage. An embellishment which I've never been a fan of period, seeing as though I've always viewed that traditional form of a star to be somewhat tacky. Yet there is something that makes one yearn for those dainty little stars, be it adorned on
bucket bags or
stitched onto clothing. Ms Slimane sure does know how to work wonders, doesn't she?
Peace.
-Sxx
CLOCKWISE
Elixir suede bucket bag by Tamara Mellon
Luxe lace soft cup bralette by Eres'
Flared pants by Chloe
Seein' stars aviators from Nasty Gal
Bell sleeve playsuit by River Island
Ooh that bucket bag is beautiful! Of course I would go for the bag, haha! :)
ReplyDeleteLovely selection of drool-worthy items :)
Away From The Blue Blog
Hehehe, I actually saw this bag and immediately wanted to create something around it. Seriously though, it is the most resplendent thing I've seen yet. xx
DeleteSonia, I'm a fan of 70s if I could them all:). She definitely is know what women like:). Hope your winter's cold is warm up for you this week:).
ReplyDeleteXbox
Tanya
http://attraction2fashion.com
so in love with that bag
ReplyDeletehttp://carrieslifestyle.com
Posts online about Dubai, Vienna, Provence...
Fantastic must have lust list, Sonia! Beautiful bra and accessoiries!
DeleteJOURNAL OF STYLE / BLOGLOVIN
Love that bag and those pants! I really love the 70s style! :)
ReplyDeleteFlorals&Smiles
The bag is beautiful!
ReplyDeletehttp://sbr-fashion-fashion.blogspot.com/
The high waisted pants are so stylish!
ReplyDeletehttp://beautyfollower.blogspot.gr/
I realize. In fact, the decor makes sense only if you have it to your personality.
ReplyDeleteOMG, PERFECT SELLECTION :O
NEW POST: GET THE SUMMER LOOK
Instagram ∫ Facebook Oficial Page ∫ Miguel Gouveia / Blog Pieces Of Me :D
Great job I love the entire look especially those sunglasses I will rock them for labor day.
ReplyDeleteThose sunglasses sure do scream out "Americana" don't they. Probably why I adore them so much too xx
DeleteWell, I'm seriously obsessing over this post right now Sonia. From that amazing romper in that absolutely gorgeous red color to the bralette that I see myself wearing underneath blouses, I'm loving the seventies trend right now. Odd, since I've never looked back at the seventies for inspiration but now I do. I'm much more drawn to the bohemian side of the it all with a touch of contemporary. Ugh and I can't forget my love for plunging necklines. Daring I know, but they're just so good right now!
ReplyDeleteThat bralette is super special Kat and plunging necklines, girl I've been all about them for years. Personally I don't think there is anything too daring about them. That said I also don't have the most envious chest either so... LOL xx
DeleteDefinitely yes! And Im in the same feeling Sonia, maybe cause the summer makes me feel more in that way, hope to keep my '70s mood even for the next season. For now, give me those flares and bag! Hugs to you! xo
ReplyDeleteI'm definitely feeling the 70's vibes!! I only wish I had the balls to rock flares! Xx
ReplyDeleteShaqinah || Shoes and Roses xx
Love the sheer bra. So romantic and sexy +_+
ReplyDeleteHave a great day!
Nicoleta ~ http://reinventyourself.guide
This is a great collection, Sonia:) Love those shoes especially.And yeah....Isabel Marant is the queen when it comes to boho/folk-inspired looks. I wanna make a skirt like that!
ReplyDeleteI definitely think you could master that and then some xx
DeleteThat bucket bag is too cool!
ReplyDeleteAmy Ann
Straight A Style
Such a lovely collage! My favorite item has to be that black bralette! It looks so exquisite and feminine!
ReplyDeletewww.callmemaddie.com
Win one BPA free water bottle of your own choice!
you are so fab! lovely inspiration :)
ReplyDeleteJessica | notjessfashion.com
Amazing selection Sonia... lovely sunnies!!!
ReplyDeleteKisses, Paola.
Expressyourself
My Facebook
I really love these looks!
ReplyDeleteMelanie @ meandmr.com
amazing picks! such fun edgy details
ReplyDeletehttp://heyprettything.com
When I thought the 70s trend couldn't get any better and I had seen everything of it you come along with this amazing playsuit and unique bag! Craving this whole collage!
ReplyDeletexx
;o)
DeleteI like this selctions
ReplyDeletefashionseducer.com
Would love to see someone wear this outfit! Perfectly represents 70s fashion.
ReplyDeleteLUXESSED
I'd love to see me wearing this outfit Anouk ;o)
DeleteI've always thought 70s style was really cool but it's even better when it's interpreted in a more modern way like you've done here. That blouse is perfection!
ReplyDeleteRowena @ rolala loves
I love your selection !
ReplyDeleteBeautiful photos and I love love love your style of writing! Keep it up!
ReplyDeleteShoe Wishlist
Thanks Talisa xx
DeleteI'm loving the Chloe sailor inspired trouser. So chic.
ReplyDeletewww.stylegonerogue.com
I have been loving the 70s trend lately! Thanks for the inspiration!
ReplyDeletebe the plebeian
How freaking cool is that aviator?! I've never seen one like that before and it's such a trendy piece to have! The only 70's theme clothes that I have in my wardrobe is a boot cut jeans from Guess, it took me a long tine to find one that suits me and didn't make me look like an old hippie. LOL!
ReplyDeleteShireen | Reflection of Sanity
Your style selections are always so on point Sonia! The lace bralet is giving me heart palpitations haha :) Seriously though, every post that features fashion picks on your blog is always utter perfection!
ReplyDeleteGabrielle | A Glass Of Ice
x
It did mine too Gabrielle! xx
Deleteomg why did you show me these? I want them all now
ReplyDeletewww.thefashionfraction.com
it's all beatiful, the bag is gorgerous....
ReplyDeleteFASHIONBYJEJE
have a good day
kisses
That bag, lace bra and playsuit are fabulous! Definitely I adore the 70s!
ReplyDeletejointyicroissanty
I'm also a huge fan of the 70ies! Your wish -sorry :)- must have list sure looks impressive! Cute bralette but my absolute favourite is the suede bag!
ReplyDeleteGreat selection!
ReplyDeleteI love all!
www.carmenantal.com
Love this 80's list! The bell sleeved top is gorgeous! The 70s is definitely getting a resurrection, I'm seeing the style back in everywhere! Hahaha
ReplyDeletexx Bash | Hey Bash | bloglovin'
Moved to: http://www.heybash.com/
Beautiful bag! :)
ReplyDeletehttp://alex-faashion.blogspot.com/
Love the whole outfit!
ReplyDeleteBisous,
Julie | http://www.juliechagas.com/
It's funny because the period ALWAYS comes back (At least in terms of fashion!) I do admit to majorly liking the wine top you featured. I've also been looking for my old mild bellbottoms (too big now!) At least we know the style lives on if we collect a few pieces inspired by the era.
ReplyDeletexoxo,
little luxury list formerly Chic 'n Cheap Living
Aw this year 70's are on the top of the fashion lists. Nice selection! The sunnies are unique!
ReplyDeletexx
cvetybaby.com
Since I'm vegetarian, I don't wear suede, but I can always go for some fringe. These picks are fantastic; I love the bralette. :]
ReplyDelete// ▲ itsCarmen.com ▲
Beautiful post! Have a great Wednesday.
ReplyDeletexoxo;
STYLEFORMANKIND.COM / Facebook / Bloglovin
This post is really informative and fun to read!! can't wait more dear!!
ReplyDeleteNew style post on the blog sweetie!
http://contemporaryboy.com
Your picks are fab, loving those boho seventies vibes, especially all the beautiful fringing <3
ReplyDelete//teandtwosugars.blogspot.com xx
Great picks! I seriously want it all XD
ReplyDeleteSTYLE VANITY
I love the 70s style, great picks. My favourite is the bag and heels!
ReplyDeletehttp://www.mintnotion.com
I like how understated and chic these picks are! Frequently 70s fashion is so out there, but all these are very much wearable and still in fashion today! That romper is my favorite.
ReplyDeleteAngelina Is
I need to own that playsuit, it's amazing! 70's was an interesting era for fashion, maybe not the flare jeans on men though :/
ReplyDeleteMeme xx
New Post:
'But first.. Let me take a selfie*'
http://thedayinthelifeofmexoxo.blogspot.co.uk/
Ahahahahaha! xx
DeleteGimme everything, but OH MY that bucket bag. Heaven!
ReplyDelete-Ashley
Le Stylo Rouge
I am pretty impressed by your dedication to the 70s. A truly great era that I am happy to see gaining recognition again. Great pieces!
ReplyDeleteXO K
www.kellmenow.com
I have been obsessed with 70's fashion looks, currently craving this bag you posted. Its perfect.
ReplyDeletexx Falasha
Bite My Fashion ll Instagram ll Bloglovin'
The Seventies are definitely the style these days! Love your selections
ReplyDeleteHttp://leftbankgirl.blogspot.com
such a great choice!
ReplyDeletehttp://differentcands.blogspot.com/
Oh that burgundy top is gorgeous!!
ReplyDeletewww.effortlesslady.com
Amazing selection darling! I totally love the bag!!
ReplyDeleteBaci,
Coco et La vie en rose - Valeria Arizzi
Gorgeous collection, dear! I want that lacy bra! ^_^
ReplyDeleteHi lovely, great edit I love the 70's vibe, those pants are so pretty! have a great day dear.
ReplyDeleteGlamoury Armory Blog
I love this wish list - great picks.
ReplyDeleteThat playlsuit is gorgeous.
Jenn | Jennifer Jayne
I loooove all the items! Sunnies are so much fun.
ReplyDeleteMany kisses
http://www.simplethingsbyjok.com/
Nice items, love the bag!
ReplyDeletexx
http://losaway.blogspot.com
Flawless choices :)
ReplyDeleteInstax mini 25 giveaway - www.mykindofjoy.com
That lace bra is stunning, too good to hide away!
ReplyDeleteAnnabel ♥
Mascara & Maltesers
Love love love these items! not only because they look so 70's but because they are super cute, specially the bag!
ReplyDeleteXOXO
Milu
www.hellolupi.com
The romper looks so classy!
ReplyDeletesunandsany
Wow...mouth watering cake..can't resist to have. .!!
ReplyDeleteKeep in touch sweets
Glamforgood.blogspot.com
Great selection!! XXX
ReplyDeletewww.travelera.es