If I were a rock star, this is precisely the kind of style and attitude I'd personify. Lily's apotheosis of a glam rocker feels so on point for me. It is the kind I would daydream about being as a child, dancing about in my mothers black snakeskin heels, singing into my pink comb with fervour. Woodstock vibes fused with Debbie Harry's punk nature, that was what I wanted to emanate. Obviously my heart and imagination have been captured by the nostalgic resplendence of Lily's embodiment. These are the kind of images I adore and muse over; the ones that trigger forgotten yearnings. The kind that perfectly animate my grey matter, impregnating all thoughts with invaluable ideas. Tell me, are you not as fixated with this as I? If not for the styling then the alluring storyline itself? Because we all wanted to be some kind of musical God at some point in our lives no?
I can practically envision my day as a rock 'n' roller. Mid-morning meetings at the studio; listening to recordings and samples over warm cups of coffee laced with dark rum. Escaping out the fire escape with my tattooed lover, only to send him back to the studio for some alone time. Using that moment to reflect and admire those gloriously gloomy New York streets below. Hypnotised by the sultry dance of smoke wafting up from a subway vent across the road. Ideas flow which make me eager to return back to the studio. I spend the next few hours jamming with my band, manifesting that tune into the reality. And after an enjoyable day of creativity, we ride off into the sunset on the back of my loves Harley. Dinner and drinks, followed by more drinks back at my Soho pad.
Oh to be a rock star.
-Sxx
![]() |
| via honestly wtf |







Absolutley amazing pics !Thanks for sharing :)
ReplyDeletewww.thefashionpanda.be
www.thefashionpanda.be
Wow, wow, wow! Lily definitely ROCK the 70s here! She is an icon! I'm really impressed by that last pic! Stunning! Of course you're a rock star, Sonia! Don't forget it: YOU ROCK!!! ;)
Deletexxx Ira
JOURNAL OF STYLE / BLOGLOVIN
Hehehe thanks Ira xx
DeleteI love this editorial! Man, it would be great to be a rockstar. You're making me miss playing guitar and recording... :(
ReplyDeleteCOOCOO FOR COCO
I would so love to be a rock star! It seems like such a glamorous life, and like you said this editorial captures that dream well :)
ReplyDeleteShame I have no musical talent whatsoever ;) Oh well!
Away From The Blue
Ditto Mica! xx
DeleteI am seriously obsessed with her! She's got such a cool effortless style I wish I could emulate. Plus she's married to the (one of the) hottest guy ever.
ReplyDeleteAs for me if I were a rock star: Georgia May Jagger all the way! Xx
Shaqinah || Shoes and Roses
Ahhh I know right, how dreamy is he?! Not only would it be fab to be a rock God, but imagine also being married to one? Imagine the musical shenanigans that would entail such a partnership! Swoon! xx
DeleteAh I think we've all probably harbored dreams of being a rock star at one point or another. I like the idea of being able to wearing all sorts of cool outfits for sure. This editorial is perfectly styled.
ReplyDeleteRowena @ rolala loves
Agreed xx
DeleteI guess I only could wish to be a rock star but I could dress like one thank god for designers. This editorial so amazing....
ReplyDeletestunning!
ReplyDeletewww.thewonderlanders.com
fierce looks!!
ReplyDeleteAnimated Confessions
She is so pretty!
ReplyDeleteMelanie @ meandmr.com
Wow beautiful pictures <3
ReplyDeleteWow beautiful pictures <3
ReplyDeleteWhoa, rocker chic indeed! I just got back from NY and am bummed I didn't get back to as many of my old haunts. Lily Aldridge makes for a fab model here and this definitely has a slightly retro, SOHO vibe. Ahh some day?
ReplyDeleteHappy weekend to you dear!
xoxo,
little luxury list formerly Chic 'n Cheap Living
Amazing photos
ReplyDeleteNew post :
www.miharujulie.com
nice
ReplyDeletenew post: http://melodyjacob1.blogspot.com/2015/06/smokey-eyes.html
I totally agree with your vision of a chic rock star. I already have my own tattooed lover ;)
ReplyDeleteJasmine x
For a Real Woman
Hehehe! <3
DeleteShe is so good for this kind of style and mood and you know, I almost didnt recognize her! Ahaah Sonia, you should be a perfect rock 'n' roller indeed!:) Hugs and happy weekend! xo
ReplyDeleteHehehe! Thanks Lilli <3
DeleteLove love love this editorial. I do think that deep down every one is a rock star waiting to get out:)
ReplyDeleteTo be a rock star.... of course, I would like it!!!!
ReplyDeleteAmazing pics, she is so beautiful!!!
Kisses, Paola.
Expressyourself
My Facebook
Love these images ! So beautiful
ReplyDeletewww.susannahzabelle.com
I looove the pictures! I'd wear every single piece oh my god haha
ReplyDeleteSpark&Bark
;o)
DeleteGosh, you certainly caught my attention with this fashion post! Happy weekend, dear! xoxo
ReplyDeleteYes! Your accompanying narrative is stunning with these photos! She's such an elegant rock n' roller, it's dizzying to wrap one's head around the concept, but she is stylish in a way that's so oddly balanced. I loved this post! (And yes, I need my life to be a musical PLEASE.)
ReplyDeleteMay x • THE MAYDEN • bloglovin'
Wow awesome shooting!
ReplyDeletehttp://beautyfollower.blogspot.gr
What a great collection of images! This definitely makes me wish I was a rock star.
ReplyDeleteAngelina Is
Nice ♥
ReplyDeleteLove from Slovakia ~
Blog de la Licorne
Lovely photos!
ReplyDeleteRedLip&Love
Singing into my pink comb, now that got me laughing so hard. But yes, I so identify with these looks and if I were a rockstar, would be me too. Minus the meetings cos I hate meetings. And I'd be wearing the heck out of these outfits and everything else that looks just like them. Day dreaming... http://fashionablyidu.blogspot.com/
ReplyDeleteUrgh, I hate meetings too but I figured even a rock star couldn't get out of them xx
DeleteBeautiful editorial. Gorgeous lady!!
ReplyDeletewww.effortlesslady.com
Thank you very much for the congratulations. I'm very happy for taking a few minutes to do.
ReplyDeleteI appreciate all the comments and all the support you have given me throughout this time. It's really important to me to have you around <3
Love this pics, but I really love some of these clothes patterns!
Instagram ∫ Facebook Oficial Page ∫ Miguel Gouveia / Blog Pieces Of Me :D
<3
DeleteThis editorial is amazing. xx
ReplyDeleteALLURE OBSESSED - BEAUTY BLOG // BLOGLOVIN'
I love this editorial... It's making me want to cut my fringe again, haha!
ReplyDeleteApril xx
APRIL ROSE PENGILLY
amazing pictures! so inspiring!
ReplyDeleteGlamoury Armory Blog
This has to be my favourite editorial of Lily! She's really living the rock and roll life, being married to Caleb Followill, they make a beautiful couple too!
ReplyDeleteShireen | Reflection of Sanity
An enviable couple... ;o)
DeleteI was so indifferent on the 70's being back, but now I am all about the trend for summer!
ReplyDeleteMiranda
www.thechicstreet.com
I LOVE her, she's such a beauty, been one of my favorite models for a while now
ReplyDeletexx -n
Naomi in Wonderland
Really love these retro inspired photos. Who wouldn't want to live like a rock star, even if it was just for one day.
ReplyDeleteLUXESSED
I love your post. Your words paint such a picture!
ReplyDeleteSincerely,
Sabrina
Great inspiration! I always like the style of rock girlfriends in the 60's and 70's :)
ReplyDeleteSTYLE VANITY
Great inspiration darling! She is marvellous!!
ReplyDeleteBaci,
Coco et La vie en rose - Valeria Arizzi
is a fantastic collection
ReplyDeleteMelange-Boutique Blog by Noe&Lolita
Nice post ,kisses.
ReplyDeletehttp://www.fashionismylifebyestefania.com
lovely post darling <3
ReplyDeletexo
vale
http://fashionneed09.blogspot.it
if you have some time, could you like my fb page? would mean so much to me <3
https://www.facebook.com/fashionneed09
Beautiful. She looks a little like Jane Birkin ;)
ReplyDeletebesos,
M
The Flower Duet
How beautiful is she!?
ReplyDeletewow!
giulia
www.theslashgirl.com
How beautiful is she!?
ReplyDeletewow!
giulia
www.theslashgirl.com
How beautiful is she!?
ReplyDeletewow!
giulia
www.theslashgirl.com
Beautiful editorial! Love every single outfit!
ReplyDeletehttp://sunmoonstyle.blogspot.co.at/
These pics are truly amazing and inspirational and I love your "day as a rockstar" text ;)
ReplyDeletexx
That is definitely the wardrobe one needs when a rock star.
ReplyDeletehttp://www.averysweetblog.com/
I wouldn't mind being a rock star.. or having those legs..
ReplyDelete;o)
DeleteCan I join you and be a fabulous rock star too?? hehe
ReplyDeleteTina
www.justatinabit.com
Sure thing babes xx
DeleteJust perfect!
ReplyDeleteYes Sonia I wanted to be a some kind of musical God in the past. Sadly I can't sing, play... hahaha. Lily rocks. The 70s were a cool era.
ReplyDeletexx
It's beautiful how you imagine the life of a rock star. I'd think of sex and drugs instead. Otherwise, these photos are wonderful!
ReplyDeletesunandsany
;o)
DeleteLove these styles and inspiration, have a nice day!
ReplyDeletehttp://www.mintnotion.com
Well, and I am simply hypnotised by that lace midi skirt she is wearing. Oh, so beautiful... x
ReplyDeleteWow, love this editorial!
ReplyDeleteBisous,
Julie | http://www.juliechagas.com/
You certainly have envisioned the life of a rock star, Sonia! I have to say, the picture you've painted seems spot on - you'd fit into the scene perfectly! Ah, these images of Lily Aldridge are simply flawless..
ReplyDeleteGabrielle | A Glass Of Ice
x
omg, this editorial is just perfect! she looks flawless, stunning :)
ReplyDeleteI am loving this editorial! So beautiful!
ReplyDeleteConnie | Sponsored by Coffee | Etsy
So beautiful pics: romantic, boho and rock at same time!!! Kisses and thank you for stopping at my blog,
ReplyDeleteEni
Eniwhere Fashion
Eniwhere Fashion Facebook
I love her!!!!!!
ReplyDeletexoxo
https://www.bloglovin.com/blogs/donkeycool-4487669/
She's wonderful!
ReplyDeleteI wanted to be a rocker too :)))
xoxo
www.bellezzefelici.blogspot.com
Amazing pics!!
ReplyDeletehttp://www.simplethingsbyjok.com/
Love her style, boho chic and edgy at the same time! :) xo~ Lena
ReplyDeletewww.felinecreatures.com
amazing photos!!
ReplyDeletewww.agoprime.it
Amazing editorial!! I love her!!
ReplyDeletehttp://fashionwalkinbrussels.blogspot.com/
So so so inspiring! Thanks for sharing :)
ReplyDeletexx Elisa
www.francinesplacediy.blogspot.com
Gorgeous inspiration photos xx
ReplyDeleteErica
www.eggcanvas.me
Wow!! Fantastic photos <33 I love it ;)
ReplyDeletehttp://anna-and-klaudia.blogspot.com/
Like me on FACEBOOK
Adorable looks, so inspiring
ReplyDeleteKiss kiss.*Jo
http://joandcompanystyle.blogspot.com/
Why do you write so beautifully, Sonia? I wanna squeeze a little bit of writing inspiration from you. Maybe it's just me but I didn't find these super "rocky". To me, the style looks really funky and vintage but certainly not rock at all. Though I must say this editorial is beautiful and I like how Lilly looks here.
ReplyDeleteRYC:
I always enjoy reading what you say about food coz you always have a very different view with I quote you, your "weird taste buds". Now I know that you don't like seafood too. I was almost wondering what other food do you eat when I read your excitement about gourmet burgers and smiled a little smile to myself. I can never eat gourmet burgers with my hands and I feel that sort of robs the actual taste from me eating bits by bits from cutting. Hahaha... yeah it was really too much sweet stuff that night and I'm not a sweet person.
Awww... thank you for your sweet words on my hair and on my writing. I’m always very appreciative when people read my words even those nonsensical ones.
Jo
Jo's Jumbled Jardinière
Love these types of fashion! I wish I have the confidence to wear such bold and eccentric outfits. I always admire women who knows how to stand out and not fall back to the normality of fashion. Love the inspiration Sonia :)
ReplyDelete-- new blogpost in my blog :)
Take care always, love Christine ~ xx
BLOG | BLOGLOVIN' | TWITTER | FACEBOOK