Quick and easy; enough said.
Did I mention how straightforward this is? Child's play really and at times quite fun with the arranging of the apple slices and sprinkling of sugar. That said those parts also brought out that annoying, inner perfectionist who wasn't too thrilled when an apple refused to overlap daintily like his counterparts or when a small area saw too much of a dusting of cinnamon. He kicks up a fuss like that sometimes.
And though this cake may require little to no effort to produce, that isn't the most important factor at play here. Taste. It needs to be appetising no? Because what's the point otherwise? So you can imagine my mock horror when I discovered that this cake was exactly that. Not dull and super dry but utterly delectable; finger-licking good even. Yes that bloody good! It was also fairly moist and uber light and fluffy, like biting through golden gossamer clouds.
All preconceived notions now cast aside; I'm totally converted.
////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
INGREDIENTS:
65g butter, softened
1/2 cup caster sugar
1 egg
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup self raising flour
1/3 cup milk
1 granny smith apple, thinly sliced
Cinnamon Top:
10g butter, melted
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp vanilla sugar
2 tsp caster sugar
Preheat oven to 160°C / 320°F and line a small round cake pan with baking paper.
Beat butter, sugar, egg and the vanilla together for around 2 minutes or until well combined.
Stir in half of the flour and half of the milk until incorporated then repeat with the remaining flour and milk.
Spoon into cake pan and level the top as best as you can.
Arrange sliced pieces of apple on the top and bake for 25-30 minutes or until a skewer inserted comes out clean.
Stand in pan for 5 minutes then remove onto a plate.
Stir the cinnamon, vanilla sugar and sugar together until well combined. Brush the cake with melted butter then sprinkle the cinnamon and sugar on top of the cake.
[ Recipe slightly adapted from Taste by Kim Coverdale ]
Et voila.




ok, I am drooling here!
ReplyDeleteDon't Call Me Fashion Blogger
Facebook
Bloglovin'
OMG
DeleteMy favorite Dessert ever
I love Apple Pie so much
So yummy
xoxo
http://stunningchic.com/
Sometimes I wish I could just magically pull out the food from photos. Totally yummy looking cake and beautiful dishware.
ReplyDeleteI feel the same way every time I visit your blog Anouk. EVERY TIME xx
Deletelol, I have the same image in my mind whe I think of this cake! And to be honest, Im already converted to it since is always my fav ever during the cold months. Sonia, you complain about my post but now I complain about visiting u! Im watering, wish I could eat a piece right now! Congrats, also the presentation and the photos are gorgeous! Many hugs lady xo
ReplyDeleteAhahaha I am so glad I'm not the only one here! I wish I could send you a piece via email Lilli, just as much as I wish you could send me some snow! xx
DeleteYou made my mouth water and now I will love a slice great recipe it does look easy to make, I'm not a baker but this is something I will give a try.
ReplyDeleteYes Jackie! You must xx
DeleteAll of those definitely look yummy and delicious! I'm hungry now!
ReplyDeleteJessica | notjessfashion.com
Is my boyfriend prefered recipe...so I take note!!!
ReplyDeleteMelange-Boutique Blog by Noe&Lolita
Thanks for sharing the recipe, looks delicius XD
ReplyDeletekisses
Duapara.com
looks like delicious!
ReplyDeletehttp://rueoh.blogspot.it
Apple and cinnamon is my favourite combination, I can't make an apple pie or crumble without adding a touch of cinnamon so this is right up my street. It looks so delicious! I am a complete perfectionist when it comes to baking too. Thank you for your lovely comment on my blog :) xx
ReplyDeleteWow ,looks really perfect! The Pics are great ,the Cake looks super delicious!
ReplyDeletekisses :)
Wow, this looks and sounds so good! Really nice recipe :)
ReplyDeletexx
I'm pleased this was reasonably simple to make as it looks delicious and I'd love to give it a go sometime, although considering a pattern has emerged of baking from boxes, I'm not so sure that I can be relied upon! ;) All the same, your baking looks utterly delicious and has reminded me that I need something sweet.. off I go to track down some Green & Black's hot chocolate...
ReplyDeletehttp://aglassofice.blogspot.co.uk
x
Ahahaha! I remember not too long ago I was slightly dependent on the boxed kind too. But you'll find it's actually easy to make from scratch. Seriously, not daunting at all G xx
DeleteI'M HUNGRY!!!
ReplyDeleteGreat :)
xoxo
www.bellezzefelici.blogspot.com
Looks really nice!!
ReplyDeletexx
http://trendsgalleryblog.blogspot.com/2014/10/corazones.html
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Trends-Gallery/270241739803490?ref=hl
DELICIOUSSSSSSSSSSSSS !
ReplyDeletesaralookbook.blogspot.com
this. looks. AMAZING! ahh!
ReplyDeletehttp://everythingsalwayssunny.com
Kristin xx
oh yummy! that looks so delicious! happy halloween weekend my dear!
ReplyDeleteIt looks so delicious! I will try this recipe!
ReplyDeleteAutumn in Neverland
Wow, you must! xx
DeleteWow, amazing post !!!
ReplyDeleteNice pic <3
xx
http://mypersonalkloset.blogspot.com.es/2014/10/el-armario-de-marikilla-purple-stripes.html
Drooling! Delish looking recipe :)
ReplyDeletefashnbass.com
This looks so delicious. You absolutely did a great job!
ReplyDeleteThanks Rachella xx
DeleteI'm hungry just for to see it.
ReplyDeleteGreat post !!!
http://www.pperlenoirstyle.com
yum yum....I love apple pie......with cinnamon then it's amazing!!! xxx ilaria
ReplyDeleteIsoardi Torino a/w 2014-15
OMG!! Delicious!
ReplyDeleteThis look delicious
ReplyDeleteKiss kiss.*Jo
http://joandcompanystyle.blogspot.com/
I wish I'd know how to bake like you, missy! Everything food related that you put up on the blog looks phenomenal! I NEED a piece of that pie... now...!!
ReplyDeleteHope you're having a nice little weekend, love!
xx
Well the camera can sometimes lie G ahahaha! I'd hardly consider myself anything more than just average but your praise is leaving me blushing. Wish you could come around and we could bake and get fat together xx
DeleteOh my goodness, this looks delectable! Can I have some, please? I don't know how to bake, but I want to learn before this year ends. I just need a little push to do my experiment. Lol.
ReplyDeletexx Janelle
Styles & Prints
Go right ahead hehehe and well, if you're looking for something simple and straight foward to begin with a tea cake is as easy as it gets lovely xx
DeleteI love seeign these posts. You must be quite the chef/baker!
ReplyDeleteThanks for making me drool every time I visit!
xo,
miranda
thechicstreet.com
:op
DeleteHey Sonia, You always make every delectable looking thing look so easy to make. When I read "tea cakes", I thought they were tea infused cakes and thought what I lovely little cake that would make. I love the tea-infused macaroons from TWG. Nevertheless, apple and cinnamon pies sound just as delicious especially when they are home-made.
ReplyDeleteRYC:
Those were my ex students. How I really miss teaching and my students. Their words and their antics really made my day back then. Some of my primary school kids were always writing me little notes and sometimes they write notes to me on their worksheets too. I guess because I don't teach in a formal school and that's why they are bolder in writing those little notes. I guess as you said, it could also be the area you live in. The anti-static band did work a little. I get less zaps from my laptop when I use it.
Jo
Jo's Jumbled Jardinière
There are tea infused cakes out there Jo, I'm curious about them now. Might have to look into one for my next post! xx
DeleteWow it looks amazing! Thanks for the recipe! :)
ReplyDeleteBella Pummarola
Looks delicious! Will have to bookmark this recipe :)
ReplyDeleteTina
www.justatinabit.com
I'm surprised to see a food post here, but it's certainly very refreshing! I'm back from my trip & resuming my blog hopping. Hope you'd a great Halloween, dear!
ReplyDeleteLuxury Haven
I do occasionally post food porn posts here Shirley. It just has been a long stretch between posts! xx
DeleteI totally love this recipe! Have an awesome day.
ReplyDeleteKenny,
WHATKENNYHEARTS.com
FOLLOW ME ON INSTAGRAM @kennydaily
FOLLOW ME ON BLOGLOVIN
LIKE WKH ON FACEBOOK
yummi
ReplyDeletewww.mrsnoone.it
kiss
Delicious looking cake, yummy!! <3
ReplyDeleteI have a new post up, would love to know your thoughts:
http://electricsunrise.blogspot.co.uk
x
Yummi! this is the most amazing cake!
ReplyDeletexoxo
http://www.bloglovin.com/en/blog/4487669
this is one of my favourite flavour combinations sonia - who can resist freshly baked apple and cinnamon!? i can practically smell it from here x
ReplyDeletesteph / absolutely-fuzzy.com
ohhh.. im drooling now!! this looks so good!!
ReplyDeleteAnimated Confessions
OMG ANYTHING APPLE THIS SEASON! LOVE!
ReplyDeletexx.M
www.bellesandrebelles.blogspot.com
omg yum!!!
ReplyDeletehttp://www.islandchic77.com/
I love your selection Sonia! Great jacket and shorts!
ReplyDeleteXO
Jeanne
http://www.fashionmusingsdiary.com
Omg!!! Just by looking at it, I'm like drooling!!! It looked so delicious!
ReplyDeleteJESSTHEGRRL
looks so delicious and apple and cinnamon are my fav
ReplyDeletekeep in touch
www.hairfashionbeautyblog.blogspot.in
HAPPY WEEK ;)
ReplyDelete21/09/14 Super Pitti Immagine + s/s 2015 trends
WOW ! It look so yummy.....love cakes in general ...thank you for sharing <3
ReplyDeletewww.theeche.com
This cake looks delicious Sonia, I love cinnamon.... may I Have a slice???!!!!
ReplyDeleteHave a great weekstart darling!
Love, Paola.
Expressyourself
My Facebook
I love this cake!!!
ReplyDeletexoxo
http://direitoporlinhastortas-id.blogspot.pt/
aww looks so delicious!
ReplyDeleteTheVogueWord
TheVogueWord
apple and cinnamon cake...my favorite with no doubt. I've just saved this image and I'm trying this recipe to add something good in this slow monday.
ReplyDeletehave a nice day
xxx
mari
www.ilovegreeninspiration.com
Awesome, let me know how you go then xx
DeleteI do feel exactly the same as you - like we completely stereotype it!
ReplyDeleteThis recipe looks great and really simple, it's such a pity I don't have a bloody oven to try it out man!! Gah - BUT, I am moving into a beautiful new house soon and then....... there will be ovens and crack-free walls and new rooms to make so many new and amazing memories in - leaving behind all the old ones. Yay.
www.bohemianmuses.blogspot.com
Oh no! No oven! I've heard people say they don't have microwaves but never an oven! I hope you find that dream home soon so you can create so many awesome memories - and tea cakes! xx
Deletethis post is so cool!! ♥ ♥ ♥
ReplyDeleteNew post on the blog sweetie!
http://michaelmacalos.com
Yammy need to try this recipe! Thanks for sharing!
ReplyDeletehttp://adelinaschoice.blogspot.com
Looks amazing and beautiful! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog.
ReplyDeletexo, Amy Ann
The Real Arnolds
Omg this looks amazing!! Apple is my favorite!
ReplyDelete<3 Shannon
Upbeatsoles.blogspot.com
Oh wow that looks so good, thank you for sharing 😀
ReplyDeletePlease let me know if you would be interested in following eachother on GFC and Bloglovin.Would love to stay in contact.
Candice | Beauty Candy Loves
xoxo
looks so good :)
ReplyDeleteCarmy1978.com
I want it now!!!!!
ReplyDeleteSo good
www.agoprime.it
Thank you for sharing this recipe! This cake looks delicious and perfect for tea time.
ReplyDeleteJasmine x
For a Real Woman
Instagram
Tea cake is sounds pretty good Sonia. I've never heard of tea cake before 😄 But your apples slices with cinnamon on top of them ummm I'm lovin it. I should give it a try with my boys which they're love apples and cinnamon both kinds.
ReplyDeleteYes, the Halloween street does look just like that in any Halloween kind of movie.
You must, I'm sure they'll devour it within moments hehehe! xx
DeleteOMG I want some!! http://adribohocloset.blogs.elle.es/hermes-by-simplysouls/
ReplyDeleteyeah I'm hungry now I want to try to make it
ReplyDeletewww.imperfecti.com
Looking good!
ReplyDeleteXoxo,
Julie | http://www.juliechagas.com/
Haha! You're not alone... I think of that too sometime :) nice photos btw
ReplyDeletexx
STYLE VANITY
GIVEAWAY: Get a chance to win a GIFT CARD to buy Korean Bueaty Products in W2Beauty. They ship worldwide for free. JOIN HERE!
Thanks Alyssa xx
DeleteThis looks absolutely delicious, almost too pretty to eat!
ReplyDeletexx Cara
www.carascliche.com
Oh my word that looks amazing! Thanks for sharing the recipe!
ReplyDeletexo
Michaela
http://michaelajeanblog.com
The longer I watch these pictures, the more hungry I become, and this kind of cake with apple and cinnamon belongs to my favorites!
ReplyDeletejointyicroissanty.blogspot.com
Oh this does look good. I need to find something to make for Thanksgiving for dessert. Hmmm.
ReplyDeleteAllie of ALLIE NYC
allienyc.com
Sonia, Sonia, Sonia. I'm so proud. This looks absolutely scrumdiddlyumptious lol! :) At times like this....I wish for a few things: 1) We lived close to each other. and 2) I could just get a whiff of this when it was baking in the oven. Perfect for the fall season! P.S. I find it hard to believe that this tea cake takes little to no effort. I think you're a more talented baker than you give yourself credit for:)!
ReplyDeleteNawww if you lived closer you could totally see me blush right now. I can just imagine the mischief we'd get up to and the stuff we'd bake. Damn! Oh and trust me this really does require zero effort. Chuck shit in bowl, mix, pour and bake. The apples though, require effort lol! xx
DeleteMmmmm this looks delicious ! ! :)
ReplyDeletewww.thefashionpanda.be
www.thefashionpanda.be
So yum!
ReplyDeleteAnd it looks super good
I've pinned it
in case I have time to make one.
Thanks for sharing.
http://momsturf.blogspot.com
Yay! Let me know how you go then xx
DeleteThat looks fabulous. Love the classic combo of apple and cinnamon
ReplyDeletemm apple cakes are definitely my favorite way in how to use all the apples in fall! Yours looks so, so delicious, especially because you added cinnamon, which tastes so yummy! <3
ReplyDeleteThanks for the recipe!
www.callmemaddie.com
Sometimes I like to bake in The oven just apples And Cinammon And Cans sugar, it's a delicious And healthy dessert!
ReplyDeleteBaci,
Coco et La vie en rose by Valeria Arizzi
Baked apple! Oooh sounds divine Coco! xx
DeleteFabulous dear! great pie!
ReplyDeletekisses from Miami,
Borka
www.chicfashionworld.com
Nam!!! I will definitely make this :D
ReplyDeletexoxo
Novelstyle
Hello, cue my tummy rumbling! This looks awesome. :)
ReplyDelete-Ashley
Le Stylo Rouge
Omg! That looks more than absolutely delicious. I love the cinnamon on the apples.
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing the recipe!!
♘ www.sugarpopfashion.com ♘
this looks super yummy! oh, and I loved the plates!
ReplyDeletelooks so yummi XD
ReplyDeletemajnira.com
so yummy! great photos~
ReplyDeletexx Sera | STARDUSTBOHEMIAN.COM
(IG: @TheStardustBohemian)
That looks soooo delicious!! Thank you for sharing!!
ReplyDeleteThis cake (or flavour) is my favorite ever!! I´m obssesed with it. This weekend I´ll bake it (and eat it)
ReplyDeleteKisses
Fashion Avenue
http://fashionavenueabc.blogspot.de
Yay Adriana, hope you enjoyed it xx
DeleteWould love to try out!
ReplyDeleteLena
http://skinnycature.com/2014/11/05/yes-i-will/
Yum yum yum! Food porn indeed
ReplyDeletexx
www.JuneWantsItAll.com
Aw looks so yummy! Nice recipe Sonia! I love apple cakes! This is really great recipe!
ReplyDeletexx
cvetybaby.com
Bloglovin
Instagram
nom! looks yummy!
ReplyDeleteLyosha
Inside and Outside Blog
P.S. would you like to follow each other?
Loos soo good! I want to eat it right now!
ReplyDelete<3
ps. amazing blog layout!
Thank you Christel xx
DeleteOoooh this looks so yummy!!!!!!!!! :)
ReplyDeleteLayla xx
www.sprinklesofstyle.co.uk
www.youtube.com/user/sprinklesofstyle
OMG! Looks amazing. Please mail a piece. Great post. Visit my blog for a chance to WIN a pair of vintage sunglasses.
ReplyDeleteEye See Euphoria : http://eyeseeeuphoria.com/post/designer-of-the-month-darylynn-ayala-macaluso-giveaway
Hahaha! Consider it done xx
DeleteOh ahahaha yep, lots of us do. Just check out Instagram for proof. They're rather mild, compared to yours that's why I am always in wonder when you speak of snow Marlen xx
ReplyDeleteIt was perfect timing to read yr post! Today My father in law comes,who adores apple pies and wanted to try something different from my past recipes!mygenerouslife.blogspot.com
ReplyDeleteAwesome, hope you all enjoyed it then xx
DeleteOh wow, I need a slice!! x
ReplyDeletehttp://girlinthelens.com/
Thank you xx
ReplyDelete