Is it outlandish to be coveting something I once utterly despised? Something I hastily trashed upon its discovery some years ago? I remember gasping in mock horror when I uncovered them. I was completely mortified that these pieces from my Spice Girls loving days still lurked about unused in my childhood drawers. It felt like I stumbled upon the most loathsome of spiders and I needed to dispose of it immediately. I remember clutching my once beloved faux tattoo chokers between sheets of toilet paper, terrified that the stretchy black plastic would brush against my skin and tarnish it with cheapness. Worst still was the shame that soon followed. Shame that I still possessed such atrocious nineties monstrosities.
And yet here we are lovers, a few years on and for some inexplicable reason I can not seem to cease my lust for these once fashion faux pas. Maybe it's because I've encountered numerous style mavens out on the streets adorned in the plastic things. Seeing them out on edgy trendsetters that also posses real attitude has me viewing these in a shiny new perspective. Girls styling them with a thick cat eye and bold blood red lip has modernised them and vamped up their cool factor yet again. And though you'll never again see me pairing them with a spaghetti strap tank and sky high ponytail, *shudders* I can envision these with a fierce denim jacket, a strappy watch and a minimalist gold bracelet.
And yet here we are lovers, a few years on and for some inexplicable reason I can not seem to cease my lust for these once fashion faux pas. Maybe it's because I've encountered numerous style mavens out on the streets adorned in the plastic things. Seeing them out on edgy trendsetters that also posses real attitude has me viewing these in a shiny new perspective. Girls styling them with a thick cat eye and bold blood red lip has modernised them and vamped up their cool factor yet again. And though you'll never again see me pairing them with a spaghetti strap tank and sky high ponytail, *shudders* I can envision these with a fierce denim jacket, a strappy watch and a minimalist gold bracelet.
Simple is the key to making these work.
xoxo

It happens to me too, several times!
ReplyDeletehaha oh lots of fashion from my younger days is making its way back around, although I haven't seen anyone in these plastic chokers yet, it's probably only a matter of time. Funny how they bring back memories of my school days!
ReplyDeleteThat last time around I don't remember any of my friends who didn't have one of these necklaces - wonder if it will reach that "must-have" level again this time around?
Away From The Blue
Hmmm I'm not sure if they'll have staying power or quite the impact, but time can only tell Mica xx
DeleteAhahah, Sonia, Im exactly the same about them! I wore these accessories years ago when I was a teeny and I remember I was soo obsessed! I always preferred the chocker than the bracelet, and you know here in Italy arrived after a bit of time, I remember myself crazy try to search them! Btw, of course after all this time Im still loving it, bold lips, thick eyeliner, thats my kind of look!:) Have a great week Sonia! xo
ReplyDeleteYes, me too! Even though I had both I preferred the choker. I can't believe they were hard for you to get, but I suppose in those days trends took longer to make the rounds xx
DeleteI think every girl has one of those in the back of her drawer :-) hihi
ReplyDeleteDo you want to follow each other?
x Mieke
Check out my new post on http://nancy-mulhouse.blogspot.be/
Gosh, I feel exactly the same way! Love the shade of the lipstick. Have a great week! xoxo
ReplyDeleteLuxury Haven
Oh Sonia, it happens to me too, frequently!!!!
ReplyDeleteGret post, happy monday doll!
Love, Paola.
Expressyourself
My Facebook
Loooooooove your lips!!! That dark red lipcolor looks gorgeous on u xxx
ReplyDeleteYou are welcome to visit my blog -- http://www.mlleepaulettegirl.com/
Message me on insta -- insta@mlleepaulettegirl.com
Nice ! :)
ReplyDeleteWould be so nice if you vote for me for the awards and win a 500 euro voucher ! Thank you !
www.thefashionpanda.be
www.thefashionpanda.be
I so get you doll I want to wear that leather jacket jump on a Harley and go.
ReplyDeletehttp://tifi11.blogpsot.com
Oooh that sounds amazing Jackie! xx
DeleteKeep in touch xoxo
ReplyDeletelove the make up especially the lipstick dear :)
ReplyDeletehttp://lavinajampit.blogspot.com/
Oh, I remember these chokers. I used to love them as a child. I think they are amazing.
ReplyDeleteWould you like to follow each other?
http://kintsugioflife.blogspot.com
I agree, so much fashion such as good old dungarees are making a come back! It's great! I love how fashion is constantly changing and reliving, up and down.. you never know what will happen next! :)
ReplyDeletewww.bohemianmuses.blogspot.com
True and it's funny how we so easily cringe at past fashions yet embrace them with full force once they remerge, at least I know I do this lol xx
DeleteLove the choker so much :D
ReplyDeleteWWW.PUTRIVALENTINALIM.BLOGSPOT.COM
omg,, i remember those chokers vividly! lol !!
ReplyDeleteThe Chic and Cheap Blog ,
The Chic and Cheap Blog on Facebook and on Bloglovin
Don't forget to Join my Oasap Giveaway! Win a Free Sweatshirt!
;o)
DeleteThis is so funny because I've been recently thinking the exact same thing about this 90s trend that's been coming back! During the 2000s, I remember thinking that the 90s were the most unfashionable decade ever but now my thoughts are slowly changing and I'm starting to see that it wasn't all that bad after all. With celebs (forgive me) like Kylie Jenner bringing back that dark 90s lip, chokers, crop tops and many other trends working their way back into our hearts, it's hard to reconcile the way we once despised that decade with our now-obsession! I am planning to buy a plum coloured lip colour soon myself...
ReplyDeletexx Debbie
www.whatdoffydoes.com
OMG Debbie me too! I cringe when I think of it yet when I see photos, especially Calvin Klein which is synonymously 90's, I think it's kind of cool. But photos of myself - bleck. I do love the dark lip. I brought a plum hued lipstick a while ago now, just a cheaper brand one to try out and seriously in love with it. You should totally go for it xx
DeleteThat color is absolutely amazing! :O
ReplyDeleteKisses,
Benedetta
http://www.daddysneatness.com/2014/09/retro-flowers.html
Wonderful colour, perfect for Autumn!
ReplyDeletehttp://electricsunrise.blogspot.co.uk/
x
I had jewelry like this long time ago and it's great that it's IT item now :)
ReplyDeletehttp://crafty-zone.blogspot.com/
Guilty….I still like them - how cringe when looking back though but as you said there's something about them when worn with the right hairstyle and make-up that makes them work…… :)
ReplyDeleteLayla xx
www.sprinklesofstyle.co.uk
Agreed. Photos back then make me cringe but seeing them now I am kinda feeling it xx
DeleteHell yeah, Spice Girls for the president! Although I'm not a really big fan of those chokers, some ladies are wearing them with such style that even I wanna buy it again. It's such a 90' throwback, isn't it?
ReplyDeleteI've missed you S., glad to hear from you again :)!
xx
http://gita-oddsandends.blogspot.com/
Total 90's throwback G. Have missed your gorgeous face too xx
DeleteAww I remember these! I used to own some pieces in the 90's. I loved the Spice Girls too! Great times! hehe :) They're not that bad though. I've seen worse trends come and go.
ReplyDeleteHehehe, that's true. I can think of a few right now xx
Deletethis is lovely and the inspiration is so cute
ReplyDeletexxx
mari
www.ilovegreeninspiration.com
I love that red lipstick!
ReplyDelete♡Tallia
Trending In Fashion
sooo pretty ♥ ♥ love it!
ReplyDeleteNew post on the blog sweetie!
http://michaelmacalos.com
My young cousin put one on the other day and I couldn't believe it! She couldn't believe they were in vogue 15+ years ago!
ReplyDeleteBut your right.. styled the right way they look like they could be back!
x Kirsty
http://geelongfashionista.com
Ahahaha geez that makes me feel old. I have to admit people I've seen wearing them are a little more younger than me so maybe it's a high school trend thing going around or something xx
DeleteGreat Outfit dear! I really like vour blog and I would be really pleased if we could follow each other if like;-)
ReplyDeleteKeep in touch Anni
Fashion Hamburg Blog
Fashion Hamburg Facebook
I have a tattoo choker too and I love it! They're so gothic <3
ReplyDeletehttp://www.thestylishbipolar.com
i absolutely adore your witty writing! great post
ReplyDeletemon | http://www.monsemble.ca
Awww thank you Monica
DeleteHahaha Sonia you made me laugh. I'm quite sure that I have a Spice Girls cd somewhere. It's nothing we have to be ashamed of!! I love the cute gold bracelet but the tattoo necklace and bracelet set I don't know. It has to grow on me. Happy Tuesday sweetheart!!!
ReplyDeletexx
Hell no. Girl Power forever baby! xx
DeleteLove the lipstick shade!!!
ReplyDeletexoxo
Style and Paper
Bloglovin
Love the lipstick!
ReplyDeleteXoxo,
Julie | http://www.juliechagas.com/
that lipstick shade is so stunning! Have a nice day.
ReplyDeleteKenny,
WHATKENNYEHARTS.COM
INSTAGRAM @kennydaily / BLOGLOVIN / FACEBOOK
Same here!! And i actually want one of this kind of necklace right nooow! Xx
ReplyDeletehttp://betweenmyclothes.blogspot.com
Well you should totally go for it Vai xx
DeleteThe same here
ReplyDeleteI feel like I'm leaving again on the 80, and 90
And honestly I really like the fashion for those times
So if I can experience the same kind of fashion trends
Why not )
Fabulous post darling
xoxo
http://stunningchic.com/:
Haha I hear you. I never had one of these, they never appealed to me. I think because they look sort of cheap, not sure. But nope never had any.
ReplyDeleteAllie of ALLIE NYC
allienyc.com
I love tatto chokers! I've been wearing mine until it broke! ;)
ReplyDeleteXO
Jeanne
fashionmusingsdiary.com
Oh no :o( hope you got to replace it though xx
DeleteLove that dark red lipstick!
ReplyDeletehttp://jeansandroses.blogspot.com
OMG loving this! I totally rocked one of these in middle school! Obsessed with it with the bold red lip!
ReplyDelete<3 Shannon
Upbeatsoles.blogspot.com
Love those fake tats! So 90's
ReplyDeletexoKiara
Tobruckave Blog
I was never really big on chokers, somehow I feel a little constricted by them. They do look cool on other people. :))
ReplyDeleteKisses,
Tania
http://inspiremyfancy.blogspot.com/
Ciao Sonia, happy wed!
ReplyDeleteLove, Paola.
Expressyourself
My Facebook
Loved your lip color and I so agree with you, I think it happens with almost every gal! ;)
ReplyDeleteHappy Wednesday :)
Charu
http://www.myglossyaffair.com/
http://www.myfashionfootprints.com/
Ha ha... It happens to me too ♥
ReplyDeleteI don't like ripped things before
now I'm rocking the ripped jeans:)
http://roomsofinspiration.blogspot.com/
I feel the same way! I had 2 of this necklaces ahaha
ReplyDeletexoxo
http://direitoporlinhastortas-id.blogspot.pt/
This is lovely!
ReplyDeleteAlessia
THECHILICOOL
FACEBOOK
Kiss
I know exactly what you're talking about :D
ReplyDeleteFabrizia – Cosa Mi Metto???
Sometimes it happens also me, I remember them from my childhood and I think it looks awesome with burgundy lipstick and that kind of make-up!
ReplyDeletejointyicroissanty.blogspot.com
Hahaha I remember wearing these all the time when I was about 10 :D
ReplyDeleteBella Pummarola
Beautiful lipstick!
ReplyDeletemary-tur.ru
Omg I remember that tattoo jewelry! :)
ReplyDeleteChelsea
Chowing Down by the Bay
Bloglovin
Instagram
Twitter
I remember that first wave of these "tattoos", my cousin had so many! I actually like them worn as bracelets, but not in a form of necklaces... And the colour of that lipstick - just gorgeous! x
ReplyDeletegrrrrr 100% agree!
ReplyDeletexx
isa
www.un-likely.com
You know I found myself in the same spot the other day. I swore off Tevas my entire life and then I caved and got them for my jungle excursion in Belize. Ended up liking them after all that, however...haven't worn them since hahaha.
ReplyDeletexo
Michaela
http://michaelajeanblog.com
Hahaha. That would most likely be the case with me too. Speaking of the above obviously xx
DeleteI find myself laughing when pieces I thought I was done with for good come back and I "need" to break them back out! I am not sure I could make these work, weird I know but tight pieces on my neck freak me out haha. Love this post though!
ReplyDeletexx Cara
www.carascliche.com
me encanta ese color de labios!
ReplyDeletehttp://sweet-perdition.blogspot.com.es/
http://www.bloglovin.com/en/blog/4026949
haha I remember these!
ReplyDeleteI think everybody wore them! It's so weird seeing them make a comeback.
Cari
http://thepinkporcelaindoll.blogspot.co.at
Very weird! xx
DeleteHaha this is so funny! My sis have this "tattoos" before many years :D and I think they are so ugly :D But now I definitely will searching for them in some boxes..
ReplyDeletexx
cvetybaby.com
Instagram Facebook
The 90s really are taking over! I don't think I will be bringing back these chokers anytime soon, but I think they do have the potential to be very edgy and cool :)
ReplyDeleteMili
I never had any of these but they look great!
ReplyDeleteI don't think I can get into them again, but I am seeing quite a few 90's trends coming back (which is so funny)! Love the dark red lips though! :)
ReplyDeleteJacy
www.lovelenore.com
amazing photo!!!
ReplyDeleteI've been seeing alot of that look too, especially the choker! I can never pull it off and I'm not comfortable wearing it haha. But I'm definitely a fan of bold lips and thick eyeliner, it's a simple makeup look but always demands attention :)
ReplyDeleteTake care always, love Christine ~ xx
BLOG | BLOGLOVIN' | TWITTER | FACEBOOK
i'm sorry but i cannot relate that much on your post. but i love the photo! i love bold red lips <3
ReplyDeletexx Janelle
Styles & Prints
great autumn look!! :D
ReplyDeleteAnimated Confessions
ahaha.. i feel really the same way! XD
ReplyDeleteKisses Honey!
www.laragazzadellafactory.com
oooh I have this necklace, it's a piece of the '90s!
ReplyDeletehttp://rueoh.blogspot.it
So sorry to answer only now but your notification e-mail was in the spam and I don't know why -.-'' thanks for the visit :) cute post :) xx ilaria
ReplyDeleteLa vida es chula! MWMS for Desigual a/w 2014-15
Oh hahaha! Thank you for the visit regardless xx
DeleteCute necklace
ReplyDeleteStay in touch!
$100 AMAZON GIVEAWAY: Sandy Sandhu
New Post Sandy Sandhu
Well, it happens to me too :)
ReplyDeletexoxo
www.bellezzefelici.blogspot.com
I feel you- there are quite a few trends popping back up that I rocked (very, very badly) in the 90's. Haha! And now here I am, giving them another go... Hopefully with more success!
ReplyDelete-Ashley
http://lestylorouge.com
Lovely pic, you are so beautiful!
ReplyDeleteKisses
Lorena
Have a great day beautiful!
ReplyDeletexx
cvetybaby.com
Instagram Facebook
Wow ,amazing Make up! Love the Lip Colour <3
ReplyDeletekisses :)
I have a tattoo choker myself! I love them <3 They're so gothic.
ReplyDeletehttp://www.thestylishbipolar.com
i love your way to write :)
ReplyDeletekisses
Carmy1978.com
Thanks Carmen xx
DeleteI need that choker!
ReplyDeleteJoin my giveaway here!
Visit my blog: www.sarahrizaga.blogspot.com
Ohh yes everithing comes and go in fashion trends
ReplyDeleteMelange-Boutique Blog by Noe&Lolita
.
totally spice girls haha
ReplyDeleteheartbeats Carola // VIENNA WEDEKIND
I used to hate them back then. I still hate them now. Burn all those chockers please!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ahhhah
ReplyDeleteBahahaha! xx
DeleteTrends and particular tastes are a tricky pair… ha! i cannot tell you how many times I have sworn to not be caught dead in an item only to later become obsessed by it, track it down and then…. have it become my favourite piece.
ReplyDeleteI'd wear this, only the bracelet though… i am not too fond of things too close to my neck.
I am actually starting to like them again too and I can't believe that- so many memories!
ReplyDeleteI adore this look and I can't tell you how surprised I am by that! The 90s revival is not something I could have predicted and I can't say that I'm disappointed.. it has a playful gothic vibe that nearly anyone can pull off with the use of a dark lip and black choker! Have I jumped on board yet? No. Will I someday in the near future? Probably!
ReplyDeletehttp://aglassofice.blogspot.co.uk
- I follow back on bloglovin' -
x
Well I can not wait to see your take on it! xx
DeleteI don't know how I feel about this, but I love that you have made me think about it ;)
ReplyDeletexo,
miranda
thechicstreet.com
;o)
Deletethis is a lovely inspiration!
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness...this really takes me back to my childhood. I definitely say YAY! I say all someone needs is the confidence and right attitude and they could rock anything and make it look good. Also, I think it's all about pairing it with the right pieces...like the bold red lip. Gorgeous...I say go for it Sonia:)!
ReplyDeletegorgeous! love those bracelets! feels like the 90s!
ReplyDeletexx.M
www.bellesandrebelles.blogspot.com
oh god i remember those.. sorry still not a fan.
ReplyDeleteI still love anything + everything inspired by the Posh Girls!
ReplyDelete-Kat
http://www.katwalksf.com/
Are these really making a comeback?!
ReplyDeleteThey are but I'm not so sure we'll be seeing everyone wearing them anytime soon! xx
DeleteAnnnd with that Marlen I think you killed any lust I had for them. My future self will MOST DEFINITELY be grateful to you for it though xx
ReplyDeleteAwww thank you Tanya. I hope you're all on the mend now. I've missed you xx
ReplyDeleteThis lips... Amazing!
ReplyDeletexoxo
http://www.bloglovin.com/en/blog/4487669
I had those when I was a teen, wore them so much!
ReplyDelete