I've been dreaming about my big fat American roadtrip for ages now. A grand cross country adventure from one coast to the other using good 'ole Route 66 as our guide. I've been planning and routing for God knows how long now, meticulously plotting every single minute and moment abroad. When I came across photographer
Jane Hilton's online portfolio it was these very photos that spiked an incredible surge of wanderlust within my soul. Granted the glorious photos of El Rancho were captured in Las Vegas and sadly this casino no longer remains on South Highway 91 it's still an example of one of the inevitably many hidden ancient gems that I expect to encounter en route. It's those wrong turns down deserted roads that lead to something as unique and 'American' as this that excites me so. That thrill of standing in new surroundings and touching a crumbling facade that society left behind and the countless stories held confined within the walls yearning to be discovered. Hopefully such a venture will be undertaken in September; should the Gods be so kind that is, and I will finally be able to share with you all this exciting, once in a lifetime journey.
-Sxx
A road trip sounds like so much fun!
ReplyDeleteHopefully you do get to take one in September, and of course document it all for our eyes to see.
Xo, Elsa
Mix and Match the F word
How awesome would that be?
ReplyDeletexx
Kelly
Sparkles and Shoes
Don't forget about the switch to BlogLovin!
Woohoo you might come to the US?? I actually live within 8 miles of part of historic route 66 haha but in Missouri (not quite as exciting lol). Keep us updated on your travel plans! :)
ReplyDelete~Jacy
Oooh! I might have to detour and pay you a visit!!! xx
Deletethose truly are beautiful photos it has a sadness to it as well. road trips are awesome I love traveling thanks for the inspiration Sonia! xx. gigi. www.gigikkitchen.blogspot.com
ReplyDeleteDoing a road trip along route 66 is one of the best ways to see a good span of the US. If you end up doing it and need some tips, let me know. Totally diggin' this photo set.
ReplyDeletexTheresa
The Habit
Thank you doll, will sure do when everything is set in concrete! xx
DeleteAh, I hope your road trip comes to pass! I was always making plans to do one back in the day and it just never happened--at the end, I would always jump on a plane, it was just so much more practical, although I feel I missed a bit of that road trip romance!
ReplyDeletexo Mary Jo
Sounds like a ridiculously fun time! I have always wanted to plan a trip like this. Such fun pictures. You have me craving a trip now too!
ReplyDeleteenjoy reading it, thanks for sharing dear <3
ReplyDeleteThis is interesting, thanks for sharing! Hope you will get on a road trip again!
ReplyDeletexx from Bavaria, Rena
http://dressedwithsoul.blogspot.de/
I've been dreaming about roadtrippin across 'Merica too, for so long! Someday I got to make it happen, there's just no other option. And can't wait till September when you'll share your memories with us, dear! You'll have one hell of a good time!!!
ReplyDeleteLove!
xx
You could totes come along is you wanted, hint, hint! xx
DeletePretty pictures. Hope you enjoy your roadtrip dear and may you chance on a gem like this too!
ReplyDeletemany kisses
♡ Jaslin from www.justjaslin.com
The second picture reminded me of the National Civil Rights museum in memphis, which u should totally visit ^^
ReplyDeletexoxo
novelstyle.blogspot.com
Will look it up, thanks Ilena! xx
Deleteawesome pics! so interesting.
ReplyDeletexx
http://andysparkles.blogspot.de/
I can understand you ❤
ReplyDeleteWhoa amazing photos! I find them very powerful!
ReplyDeletecallmemaddie.blogspot.com
These photos are beautiful... maybe when you finally set out you can take some of your own there! And everywhere else!
ReplyDeletehttp://lasaloperie.blogspot.com
Great pics, I especially like that of the pool area.. this definitely makes me wanna go to the US ;)
ReplyDeletexx
www.clothesandcamera.com
the images show a lot of stories in them!! wonderful and captivating!
ReplyDeleteClick me for my BLOG!
Gorgeous photographs!!! <3
ReplyDeleteGosh I cannot wait to roadtrip again. I'm off to ZANZIBAR and MOZAMBIQUE in 29 days!! Eeeep!!!
www.bohemianmuses.blogspot.com
That's incredible! And I'm super jealous of you too! xx
DeletePS I just followed you on GFC xxx
ReplyDeletea road trip would be the best way to spend your holiday! it's sooo much fun :)
ReplyDeleteNEW POST: www.chriissydollxo.com
Let's connect at GFC and BLOGLOVIN'
May god bless you. of course your dreams is coming on your way sweetheart. The U.S. will be happy to have you here> thank you so much for staying in touch!
ReplyDeletewishing you a very blessed day!
oxoxo
http://www.attraction2fashion.com
Tanya
Awww thank you Tanya, you're such a sweetheart! xx
DeleteI did it, you'll have a lot of fun!
ReplyDeleteDon't Call Me Fashion Blogger
Facebook
Bloglovin'
Absolutely love your blog! I just followed you on Bloglovin and GFC! Hope you follow me back! Take care :)
ReplyDeletemisselegant06.blogspot.com
Thanks Patricia xx
DeleteSonia, This is such a cool post and there is something so nostalgic and cool about these pics knowing at one time this abandoned hotel was a hot spot full of guests. I think it's so exciting you're going to do that Rt. 66 roadtrip and my fiance and I are planning one for next Spring and I can't wait. If you do this in Sept. make sure to take lots of pics. It's going to be so fun to watch your adventures!
ReplyDeletexoDale
www.savvyspice.com
Oooh Dale I'll be taking photos left, right and center. Y'all are gonna get so tired of my roadtrippin' spam hahaha! But I will definitely be sharing this with you all xx
Deleteamazing photos!! :D
ReplyDeletexoxo,
rae
http://raellarina.blogspot.com/
I'm leaving for the States next Wednesday!!! A 40-day road trip from San Francisco to NYC and I'm frigging ecstatic!!! Seeing these pics has made me even more giddy.:D
ReplyDeleteWait, whaaaaaat! Oh em gee! You better be taking photos and updating us with this adventure! xx
DeleteWow those photos are beautiful! I find abandoned buildings so interesting - I imagine it would be so fun to take photos in those places.
ReplyDeleteAway From The Blue
Oh wow, your friend definitely is cool! I want to go on a road trip so friggin bad, a ride to Nevada sound glorious! Hope you are enjoying every minute of the trip!
ReplyDeletehttp://www.BlackandOlives.com
Hello!
ReplyDeleteI would like to invite you to participate in the giveaway gift card $ 40.00 on my blog:
http://www.todacharmosa.com/2013/07/novo-sorteio-indressme-toda-charmosa.html
XOXO and great week! ♥
I love road trips! These are awesome photos!
ReplyDeletehttp://dixielu302.blogspot.com
Amazing place and photos ♥.♥
ReplyDeleteInstagram: ferdallan
http://www.leferblog.com.br
i would love to do a cross america road trip. it would be fun!
ReplyDeleteIsabel @ Walk of Fashion
Have a great time! It's nice to travel in the summer time isn't it?
ReplyDeleteVintage casino ^^
ReplyDeleteNobody is here Oo
New post - Kisses
http://www.mademoisellemode.com/
I'm also dreaming about my American roadtrip. One day... :)
ReplyDeleteHi dear!
ReplyDeleteI hope you can realize your desire!
Kisses Kika / Blog Acessarte
Eeeek I can see how horribly that would be. Nothing worse than trying to sleep in a car, so I see your point. Also we may have to do the same at some points hahaha! xx
ReplyDeleteI really cannot wait for your adventures.
ReplyDeleteIt's my turn to live vicariously through you and your words are truly so beautiful!
The Wildest of Dreams