So another year down and another one is just starting to begin and what better way to ring in the New Year than with a whimsically snazzy pair of glittery shades! I was in search for said piece but couldn't find anything that I really loved, the closest I came across was a pair of plastic ones that I thought I could jazz up, then a friend suggested why not just make it yourself and BOOM! Challenge excepted!
You're going to need a mask template to start off with, which can easily be found with a simple Google search. I chose this one from Hiypmoegrt.ru because I adored the cat eye! You will also need some thicker GSM paper or cardboard, patterned or plain plus some lace or elastic to secure the mask to your head.
Trim down the template and paste down onto paper / cardboard, making sure you stick it template side up and cover the entire surface of the mask with glue, this way it makes it easier for you to see whilst your trying to cut the shape. Allow to dry for a few minutes then proceed to cut.
On a separate paper draw '2013' and roughly cut around and glue onto paper / cardboard, much like the first step. If you're pressed for time or not the best freehand drawer never fear! Just go into a Word program and type in '2013' and just modify the sizing and typography to your liking, just make sure when you glue them onto the paper / cardboard you glue them face down because when you cut them out you will want the numbers on the paper / cardboard side to face the correct side, not the other way round! Once you've allowed them to dry cut around the numbers and make sure you leave an extra few centimeter drop at the base of each, which enables you to easily secure them onto the mask. Arrange the numbers on the mask to your liking, trimming the excess if needed then secure with some glue and sticky tape.
Once all letters are securely placed and you are happy with the placement transfer over to an open newspaper and cover each number with some PVC or glitter glue and smother the heck out of them with some fabulous glitter. You don't need to smother them if you don't want to, just add to taste. Allow to dry for some time then attach your elastic or lace to the back of the mask and viola! This b**** is ready to roll!
Also go right ahead and be as creative as you want with this mask. If you're using plain paper / cardboard why not try some polka dot glitter spots or completely cover the entire mask in glitter? The world's your oyster and it's New Years, be as little or OTT as you want to be!
I hope you enjoyed this little DIY. I had fun making this and it actually didn't take too long to do either, no lies, promise! Anyhoo sending you all my love and wishing you very happy New Year's dolls, thank you once again for your continued support and love with my blog, I've had an awesome year sharing my creative musing with you all and hope to bring you even more in 2013.
Cheer's to 2013 - may she be kind to us all.
Happy New Year!










Totally awesome!!!
ReplyDeleteCute DIY! :) Hope you have a very happy new year :)
ReplyDeleteAwayFromTheBlue.blogspot.com.au
Thats so cool! What a great diy, happy new year! :)
ReplyDeletewww.tlnique.blogspot.com
Great DIY!! I love ths mask! Happy new year!!
ReplyDeleteDon't Call Me Fashion Blogger
Facebook
Bloglovin'
Nice work girl ;)
ReplyDeleteHttp://Fashioneiric.blogspot.com
Coline.
Great DIY! Such a fun idea - looks really good. Happy 2013!
ReplyDeleteThat's so cool! You're very creative babe x
ReplyDeleteGreat idea! Kss
ReplyDeletehttp://oteandoestilos.blogs.elle.es/
That's a great idea :)! I bet you're gonna rock that new years eve in those glasses :)!
ReplyDeletexx
http://gita-oddsandends.blogspot.com/
Great DIY !!
ReplyDeleteHave a happy New Year!
Giveaway- 10 Lucky winners win Gift Hampers worth INR 1000 (each) !!
❤ StylishByNature.com
Great DIY and I love your new header :)
ReplyDeletexx
www.clothesandcamera.com
This is so cute, what a fun project!
ReplyDeletexx
Kelly
Sparkles and Shoes
500 Follower Kate Spade Giveaway
That´s so coOl*
ReplyDeletexoxo
great holiday idea! awesome!
ReplyDeleteHappy New Year!
LA By Diana Live Magazine
Happy new year . Honestly , you gave us a little gift for new year. Love it. I would try to make one!
ReplyDeleteAree With Umbrella
Love this!
ReplyDeletehttp://fashionroll.com
Love this DIY!!! Such a great idea for New Years :D
ReplyDeletexoxo
novelstyle.blogspot.com
cute, love it!
ReplyDeletehttp://yurizastr.blogspot.com
Such a great New Years DIY! You're right, the cat eye shape is very cool and flattering.
ReplyDeleteHave a great time tomorrow!
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
ReplyDelete^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^#^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^###^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^#######^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^#O#########^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^#####O########O##^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^#######O###O###^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^###########^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^#O#############^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^#####O#############^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^###########O###########O###^^^^^
^^^^^^^#############O###O#####^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^#############^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^#################^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^##O##################^^^^^^^^
^^^^^######O####################^^^^^
^############O##################O###^
^^^^############O############O###^^^^
^^^^^^^^^###########O####O##^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^##^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Happy New Year!
Here's wishing you more happiness
Than all my words can tell,
Not just alone for New Years Eve
But for all the year as well.
Diana
double-ganger.blogspot.com
Love it! Happy New Year! xoxo
ReplyDeleteGreat idea =) happy new year!!!
ReplyDeletehttp://thirtysomethingchic.wordpress.com/
Stunning!
ReplyDeleteHappy New year dear!!!
HAPPY NEW YEAR! XO
ReplyDeletexx.M
www.bellesandrebelles.blogspot.com
Stay tuned for my NEW YEARS GIVEAWAY THIS WEEK!!!
Looks really awesome, what a great idea!
ReplyDeleteHappy New Year! x
This is such a cool idea! love it!
ReplyDeleteKisses, Lucy:)
It looks so pretty, I love this cool DIY! And those sparkles are so fun :)
ReplyDeleteGreat project! Happy NYE :)
ReplyDeleteXX,
Miranda
Hi dear, super cool idea and mask! I love it!
ReplyDeleteHappy new year:)
kisses chris
My dear,
ReplyDeletewish you a great 2013 full of dreams to come true. Wish you luck, health, happiness, love, lots of projects, many inspirations and lots of success!
a big hug
Happy new year Sonia! What an awesome post, enjoy the festivities!
ReplyDeleteWhat an amazing idea! Great post :)
ReplyDeleteHappy new year, greetings from: You Can Call Me Flanders (blog) - www.flaviaflanders.com
Great DIY!!! I love the effect of the glitter!
ReplyDeletexoxo
that is so great.. love it.
ReplyDeleteLovely mask dear, happy new year!
ReplyDeleteXOXO, Collage Minimalista
Hope you enjoy the nye eve -
ReplyDeletewish you the best for 2012
LVE
x the cookies
samecookiesdifferent.blogspot.com
Beautiful mask! Happy New Year too!!!!
ReplyDeleteKiss,
Liliana from Um Blog Fashion
Happy New Year!
ReplyDeleteBuy Designer Eyeglasses
This is a brilliant idea thats executed so well!
ReplyDeleteWishing you a very Happy 2013! May it bring you everything you hope for...and more. It was a pleasure getting to know you this past year!
Thanks for stopping by my blog.. happy new year!!
ReplyDeletex Sharday
SHARDETTE BLOG
This is so original!!!
ReplyDeletexoxo
aliceinbo2.blogspot.com
Such a cool idea!!Sending you best wishes, I hope 2013 to be your best year!
ReplyDeleteBest Regards
Miss Margaret Cruzemark
http://margaretcruzemark.blogspot.com/
Oh, I lvoe the idea.
ReplyDeleteBest wishes !
Ah, this is such a cute idea! I remember having a pair of sunglasses for 2002 where the 0's were the lenses! Hah! :D
ReplyDeleteHope you had a wonderful Christmas & Happy New Year too! :)
It's so pretty! Happy New Year!
ReplyDeleteHappy New Year!!! You are very creative, I love the pattern.
ReplyDeletewww.freshminhtea.blogspot.com
Happy new year pretty lady! I love your fabulous mask
ReplyDeletexx
Here&Now