8 March 2018

DESIGN NOTES // POPS OF YELLOW






People seem to have a hard time visualising I have a dream and that is to one day live in a home that has a yellow pantry door. The looks people give me when I express this is seriously something else. It's a mix of bewilderment and confusion. "Did she really just say that?" "Is she serious?" Yes people, dead serious.

This colour is associated with . For me when I think of yellow my thoughts immediately drift to those bound in nature. Sunflowers and dappled sunshine. There's a purity, an undeniable sense of happiness that this colour prokes. Polarising in the sartorial sense, not everyone can pull this colour off and the same goes for interiors. You can't just slop this hue any which way you fancy. There's a fine art to keeping it pure and humble. You don't want to saturate, you want it subtle, a pleasent surprise when your eyes finally meet when stepping into a room.
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig