It truly is captivating and convincing.
On our second day we ventured into Disneyland's second theme park (check out day one's adventures at Disneyland here). Something I was pretty eager to inspect, considering I was fairly oblivious as to what expect; despite the name of the park itself giving it away. How did I miss that? And while the day sadly began on another sour note (thank you erroneous navigation system), the moment my feet crossed the threshold there was an unspoken silent promise of only good things to come. In fact just as we entered Buena Vista Street we were immediately greeted by a resident police guard. A moment I accidentally captured on film (watch his delightful self here on my travel video).
This actually was my main highlight at Disneyland. There was just something about his jovial spirit that was undeniably infectious. Something which is evident in my photograph. I guess after such a frustrating morning and in being greeted in such a way it really made quite the impression. And I completely recognise that staff working here must be perpetually animated, but it just goes to show the power of a humble smile because you never know what someone is going through so remember to always be kind.
Of course Paradise Pier was equally as exceptional with its boardwalk and impressive line up of attractions, like the Golden Zephyr (very Instagramable) and Mickey's Fun Wheel. Both rank fairly tame in the adrenaline sectors but Mickey's wheel also has swinging carriages available, if remaining stagnant and admiring the view isn't your thing. There's such a buzz in this area. It's teeming with effervescence and liveliness with random performers passing through and a myriad of activity to keep you engaged. California Screamin' is a must in my opinion. A mammoth rollercoaster spanning along the boardwalk. This ride was a lot of fun and definitely gets your heart pumping, there's also a rather nice view from the top, if you manage to focus enough that is.
While the rollercoaster was a firm favourite of ours it didn't compare to the thrill that was The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror. I can't tell you how many times we returned to this ride. At times there was an insurmountable crowd of people waiting to get in and other times it was as deathly quiet as the residents of the hotel. Truly, this ride is just everything. From the seriously covetable facade and cobweb ridden interiors to the sheer titillation of the ride itself.
If it weren't actually faux, I'd completely take up residence here.
It was also on our second day that Mother Nature treated us to one of the most spectacular sunsets witnessed during our time abroad. It was truly breathtaking, a sky flushed with fiery oranges and fairy floss pinks while complimented by the flashing lights of the attractions on the ground below. While this splay of perfection was seemingly enchanting, in terms of shock value it didn't quite compare to the dusk we stepped out into after dining at Peggy Sue's Diner on our way to Las Vegas.
And on the topic of food, can I just say (and this may be controversial for some) the Mexican food available at Disneyland is beyond delectable. Granted there isn't an enormous variety to select from and from my images it probably doesn't look the most appealing, but for us two Aussie's it was the best Mexican food we had consumed this entire trip.
facebook // twitter // instagram // pinterest // bloglovin
Follow


























Oh what fun! Since California Adventure is unique to Disneyland this gives me a reason to also visit even though I've previously been to Disneyworld twice. From what I understand, Mexican food in California is generally pretty good.
ReplyDeleteFirst of all, yay to your new blog layout! And gosh, I can't wait for our little one to be older so we can visit Disney adventure park too although I'm not sure if it's him or me who will have more fun.
ReplyDeleteShireen | Reflection of Sanity
That looks so much fun! x
ReplyDeletewww.miraaksoy.com
looks so good!
ReplyDeletewww.wonderlandclothing.com
How fun! Looking at your post makes me wanna fly there now, dear! xoxo
ReplyDeleteCalifornia Adventure sounds like an amazing park. Ah, you've got me daydreaming about my visit to Disneyworld Florida a few years ago - I can't say I tried any Mexican food, but I certainly remember how hard it was to tear myself away from the delicious (and totally calorific haha) food!! Wonderful photography as always, by the way :)
ReplyDeleteaglassofice.com
x
Hahaha, yes calorific indeed xx
Deletelove your new blog layout girl! so different but amazing. thanks for sharing your travels with us. made me wish to travel there! have never been. xx. gigi. www.gigikkitchen.com
ReplyDeleteThanks Gigi xx
Deleteomg looks so amazing :))))
ReplyDeleteNew Post- green circle lenses (+50% off code)
Check out my Insta and stay tuned ♥Instagram
MY blog |Facebook |Bloglovin | Lookbook |Google✚
Stay Gold
Such a great post!!!!
ReplyDeleteXO
Daria
http://www.dbkstylez.com
Wow, I agree, California Adventure sounds and looks really like an amazing park! I have to admit dispite the Oktoberfest (which isn't really comparable) I haven't ever visited a fun park :) And you definitely had fun, thanks for sharing!
ReplyDeletexx from Bavaria/Germany, Rena
www.dressedwithsoul.com
Ooh I've always wanted to go to Oktoberfest! xx
DeleteDreamy pictures Sonia! So much fun!!! Thanks for sharing!
ReplyDelete♥☻♥☻♥
Jeanne
http://fashionmusingsdiary.com
Wow! Such a wonderful place! I want to be there!:)
ReplyDeletejointyicroissanty
omg it looks amazing!! the sunset sky with the micky mouse wheel is sensational<3
ReplyDeletexx from italy
Cate ღ kate/idoscope.com
Gorgeous pics, looks like so much fun :) xx
ReplyDeletewww.fashionjazz.co.za
Aww, that first picture with the guard is so sweet! Positive people make for such positive experiences!
ReplyDeleteYou took such an amazing picture of Paradise Pier! I hope we can return some day!
Thank you gorgeous xx
DeleteHow fun! So many great photos! I haven't been to Disney in California yet. I ended up going to Florida and only visiting Universal Studios because I know my siblings and entire family will want to go again and I'll be joining them for that one. I've been to the one in Tokyo 3x though. So weird how I haven't been to any other one yet. lol
ReplyDeleteXo,
Miki
http://mikialamode.com
You've still done well regardless xx
DeleteThanks a lot, my dear :D
ReplyDeleteOMG, I want to visit this place too!!!
NEW INSPIRATION POST | Dress To Express: First Days Of Autumn.
Instagram ∫ Facebook Oficial Page ∫ Miguel Gouveia / Blog Pieces Of Me :D
Seems like you had a fun day.. so nice :D
ReplyDeleteThank you for your comment in my previous post :)
Maybe you'd like to see my new post Color Zombie Loving the bracelet!
Love
Akanksha
I hadn't heard of this theme park but it sounds fantastic. I so want to visit California, my husband has been and loved it
ReplyDeleteLooks like such a fun trip! Awesome photos.
ReplyDeleteXx
Molly
www.trendychickadee.com
My favorite ride has the be the Radiator Springs one! It's sooo fun! Especially later at night when the sun starts the set and everything glows. I couldn't find the guts to go on California Screamin' as I get kind of scared on roller coasters. I also heard they are closing the Tower of Terror to make room for a new ride, which is such a shame! Soo jealous I wish I was at Disneyland right now
ReplyDelete~Andrea Tiffany~
aglimpseofglam.blogspot.com
Oooh I'm so disappointed that I hadn't thought about going on it at night. Gahhh it must be sublime. Shattered to hear they're closing the tower down. Why?! xx
DeleteAhh this makes me want to go so badly!! Your photos are beautiful!
ReplyDeleteTina
www.justatinabit.com
Thanks Tina xx
DeleteLooking at your photos, make me wanna go there right now
ReplyDeletexx
https://theonethattravels.wordpress.com/
Really beautiful pictures. You're making me want to be there. Looks like you had such an amazing time.
ReplyDeleteHave a great weekend Sonia :)
xo
Sauniya | Find Your Bliss ♡
I want to go too|||||!!!
ReplyDeleteFederica
www.federicadinardo.com
Thanks for sharing these awesome pics, Sonia. Never been to California Adventure...Imma adding Tower of Terror on my bucket list!
ReplyDeleteSo much fun!!!!
ReplyDeleteFabrizia - Cosa Mi Metto???
I love California, I hope to go to LA son, never been to Disney, I get sick in those rides, you look like you had fun xx
ReplyDeleteThis looks like so much fun! You look so cute and happy.
ReplyDeleteAmy Ann
Straight A Style
I have never been to California Adventure, nor Disneyland while in California. I have often considered it but then always come up with reasons not to go. These pictures look great though and I would really love to experience this theme park next time I have the opportunity!
ReplyDeleteLUXESSED
This seems like such an amazing day trip to do, and those photos you took are the absolute best! You really make me want to go out there!
ReplyDeleteXO IMKE | Pastellics
I would LOVE to go here! It looks incredible!
ReplyDeletewww.lipsticks-and-louboutins.blogspot.com
Wow hope I will be there sometimes.
ReplyDeletexoxo
Priscilla
BEAUTYNATURE
The pictures look really amazing and i am sure you must have had so much fun. I plan to take my daughter to Disney next year. So happy to see your post. Lovely...:)
ReplyDeletehttp://www.colossalcloset.in/love-unstained/
How exciting, you guys will have an amazing time for sure xx
DeleteReally a beautiful place!
ReplyDeleteHave a nice weekend!
Blery&Ily
www.thesprintsisters.com
How fun! Love your pictures, they look amazing ;)
ReplyDeleteNati xx
www.simplyartdicted.com
A lot of Fun!!! Beautiful pics, I love this place!!!
ReplyDeleteKisses, Paola.
Expressyourself
My Facebook
My Instagram
Wow, I'd love to go there with my family soon!
ReplyDeleteMadame X
The Flower Duet
I love CA Adventure, especially the ferris wheel! Glad you had a blast!
ReplyDeleteChelsea
Chow Down USA
Instagram
What an amazing place, I'd sure love to visit ! Kisses
ReplyDeleteFashion and Cookies - fashion & beauty blog
Gorgeous photos! I would love to go there one day, thanks for sharing. Hope you will stop by blog if you have a minute x
ReplyDeleteALittleKiran | Bloglovin
What a beautiful shoot
ReplyDeletewww.falifo.com
Seems like a lot of fun!
ReplyDeleteLovely photos.
www.ckjacob.com
California Adventures is definitely the best park. I love all the rides! And omg, you literally got the BEST shots of the Mickey Mouse ride I've ever seen. That sunset is so gorgeous!! I've never been to the park at night but it always looks so magical. I've heard it's amazing at Christmas too! I love looking through all your photos. :)
ReplyDelete-Emily www.coatandcoffee.com
Can only imagine what it's like at Christmas! xx
DeleteUna meraviglia mi piacerebbe molto visitare questo park...kiss!! VLifestyle
ReplyDeleteAh, I need to go there one day! And I'm definitely going to try the Mexican food, mwahaha. Pretty pictures.
ReplyDeletehttp://orcmilk.org/
Mexican food is the best xx
DeleteI have always wanted to visit Disneyland but have yet to successfully pursade my boyfriend that it's a good idea! It looks like you had a wonderful time and your photos are fab :) I hope I can visit sometime soon! x
ReplyDeleteGood luck then xx
DeleteHow cool. You lucky girl :p
ReplyDeleteI haven't been to the adventure park, but it looks so fun and cute. Gorgeous pictures!
ReplyDeletexo
www.carinavardie.com
It sounds like such a great place to explore. I would love to visit one day. x
ReplyDeleteKate Louise Blogs
wow amazing place
ReplyDeletenew post
www.miharujulie.com
Wow, this park is more than breath-taking S! I can see why it didn't feel different from what Disneyland feels like! Wonderful photos, you are such a lucky to have had the chance to experience this!
ReplyDeleteSun and Sany - Bulgarian travel and leisure blog
<3
Deletethank you for your comment!
ReplyDeleteahh California Adventure, esp Tower of Terror was my childhood! I remember I thought I was so brave for going on that ride! So many good memories :') -Audrey | Brunch at Audrey's
ReplyDeleteOk, now I want mexican food! LOL Looks so good! Sonia, your Disney posts always get me excited! I definitely want to go. HaHaHa Everything always looks so authentic there, from the buildings to costumes to food! Thanks for bringing it to us and girl you look TOO CUTE in your Minnie Mouse ears.
ReplyDeletehttp://www.averysweetblog.com/
So fun!! I'm jelous
ReplyDeletehttp://iameleine.blogspot.com/
Disney is always so much fun! Brings me back to my childhood :) Hope you had an amazing time! x
ReplyDeleteErica
www.eggcanvas.me
YAY! Great Fun you had:) I have been to Orlando and it was reaaly incredible! Wanto to go back to the States
ReplyDeletexxx
www.fashioninspireyou.com
OMG the moment I'm going to step on Disneyland ground I'm going to cry soooo hard! I hope I'm going to visit the one in california soon! The nearest is the one here in Paris but honestly it's not the same...super cute pictures...
ReplyDeletexo
Yaya
www.yayavanchique.com
I've only went to the Disneyland in Paris but this one is definitely on my list. Seems so great and your pictures are amazing.
ReplyDeleteKenza from http://travelwithkenza.blogspot.co.uk/
It looks absolutely amazing, and your photos are great! Loved it!
ReplyDeletexx Rita | O blog da Ritinha