My staple, go-to uniform consists of some form of denim bottoms (preferably in dark hues) and a crisp white something above. For me this my version of a blank canvas; the quintessential foundation for styling. It essentially forms that coveted model off duty look we all aspire for. That minimal, "I just chucked this on", yet deliriously polished look. It's a look that works wondrously on it's own, but even better when accompanied with one or two accoutrements. This time round I paired my old faithful with a jacket from Newchic. I can't say I was overly pleased when I first received it. I'd been gifted this along with another piece (more on that one soon). The jacket compared to the second item was something less than desirable, it also greatly varied from the image online. The quality of the fabric isn't the best, it's overly fine and sans stretch. And then there was the colour. I was expecting a more olive tone and instead was graced with something much too effervescent for my liking. But it's started to grow on me. And surprisingly it seems to photograph well too. Only time will tell if I'll embrace this piece or not.
Also surprisingly is the extreme blondness in my hair. Back in January, prior to my sojourn abroad, I left the country notably brunette. And yet having returned I am amazed to see just how lightened my hair became. Honestly I don't think I've ever actually experienced such a hair phenomena - not to this extent and during such a brief period no less. So you may not have guessed that I've got in hair extensions from Irrisitible Me. Naturally I've never had any issues with the growth of my hair. In fact I find it grows annoyingly rapidly. So when I look for extensions, it's never about length for me, it's all about the volume. Volume is something I long for when it comes to my hair. You'll never see me with a perfectly polished do because I hate that "flattened" out look. I like my hair big. Not 80's big, just voluminous. And these extensions have certainly delivered that. I'd truly recommend them if you're in the market for extensions. Quality is fantastic and so was shipping.
On a seperate note, excuse the severe sour puss face. That cringe worthy final image is the cause of sun glare. I probably should have had on sunglasses but time was rather scarce that day. It was also unbearably humid. If you didn't believe me before, I truly do not function well in the heat.
xoxo
WEARING: Jacket c/o Newchic, ASOS tank, ASOS Ridley jeans (similar), Diane von Furstenburg Haven flats (similar here, here and here), ASOS necklace (similar) and rings (similar)
BEAUTY NOTES: nails - Rimmel - Cranberry zest (similar), hair extensions c/o - Irresistible MePhotos by Elizabeth Oro





Love the minimal design of your necklace!
ReplyDeletehttp://beautyfollower.blogspot.gr/
great jacket :)
ReplyDeleteelixir ultime & beige faux fur skirt
Beautiful style, I love it, love your hair as well, thank you for sharing, you look pretty!!!
ReplyDeletexxx
www.bridesonamission.com
I love your jacket and the chic necklace!!!
ReplyDeleteBtw, your hair: wonderful!!!!!
Kisses, Paola.
Expressyourself
My Facebook
Aww thanks Paola xx
DeleteI actually really like the colour of your jacket! Although it sucks it wasn't the colour you ordered. I hate when that happens online!
ReplyDeleteYour hair extensions are lovely too! :)
Away From The Blue Blog
Very frustrating indeed xx
DeleteNice colour of the jacket ;)
ReplyDeleteXX
MĂ³nica Sors
MES VOYAGES À PARIS
NEW POST: KNIT SUIT AND STRIPES
Fantastic look dear, I love this match of colors in your outfit! :-D
ReplyDeleteHave a great day..
Kisses from Italy,
Isabell
www.spicybell.com
https://www.instagram.com/_isabellzanoletti_/
You rocking that style doll love your hair the color blonde looks amazing on you.
ReplyDeleteThanks Jackie xx
DeleteNice)
ReplyDeleteThis style staple is really comfy, I love how simple yet stylish it is. Don't worry about your puss face, you look gorgeous and pretty :) And your hair is really lovely, I don't like flat as well, It's much better to add a little volume to your hair. It makes you more gorgeous ! :)
ReplyDeletexx
Rica | www.sassycebuannachic.com
Aww thanks Rica, though I hardly see prettiness in that scrounged up face bahahaha! xx
Deletenice jacket
ReplyDeletewendeeisaacs.com
love the jacket!! Especially this great color! Suits you perfectly❤
ReplyDeletexx
Selina | Selinas Inspiration
Such a perfect look! You're marvellous
ReplyDeleteBaci, Valeria - Coco et La vie en rose NEW POST
Love the outfit! And your hair-It's crazy that it lightened up so much. The Green jacket goes well with the spring season too! can't wait until the flowers start blooming and the weather gets warmer~
ReplyDeleteLindsey Elyse | lindseyginge
It's super crazy! I didn't even think that was a possibility. xx
DeleteThis look is AMAZING. Thanks for sharing and check out our latest feature.
ReplyDeleteEye See Euphoria | http://blog.eyeseeeuphoria.com/2016/03/09/sickyeyewearspringsummer2016/
beautiful!!!
ReplyDeletehow nice this look
ReplyDeleteYou really can't go wrong with a minimal look. I think every girl needs a duster coat, I have several in different colors. Love this look it's perfect for a casual day out!
ReplyDeleteDominique
Only The Brave Blog
www.onlythebraveblog.com
Totally agree xx
DeleteYour hair is so nice! Great post!
ReplyDeletehttp://pinksmartiesblog.blogspot.co.uk/
Gorgeous outfit love your necklace xo - Fashion Phases
ReplyDeleteYou look amazing!! I love the olive green
ReplyDelete-Olivia
Miss Olivia Says
Your hair looks great. I wish mine would go through a similar hair phenomena. :]
ReplyDelete// ▲ itsCarmen.com ▲
Maybe a trip to Cali is in order? xx
DeleteYou look great, Sonia:) Not only do I love the outfit, but those extensions look fab and so natural, dahling! :)
ReplyDelete<3
DeleteI love the chic simplicity of your outfit! That army green color is one of my favorites.
ReplyDeletelove the way ur hair looks. the colour of the jacket is lovely.
ReplyDeleteNew Post on my blog, do drop by soon ,<3
✿thefashionflite
✿twitter
✿Bloglovin
✿FaceBook
love the jacket! and your nail colour :)
ReplyDeleteLoren | www.minkys.co.za
Very cool khaki jacket Sonia! So versatile! Love that Spring look! ;)
ReplyDelete♥♥♥
Jeanne
http://www.fashionmusingsdiary.com
wow toller Mantel, toller Look
ReplyDeletehttp://carrieslifestyle.com
I would never have guessed that these were extensions! I love the way they look - really fab! I'm going to have a colour change this weekend. Time to go lighter again.
ReplyDeleteLuxessed
Oooh that would look great xx
Deletegreat outfit! i love your hair too.
ReplyDeleteMe too, sweetie, because she is very original :D
ReplyDeleteIn love with your outfit. Love this kind of green shade :D
NEW REVIEW POST | NormAcne Skin Care Routine
Instagram ∫ Facebook Oficial Page ∫ Miguel Gouveia / Blog Pieces Of Me :D
free outfit nice to meet you
ReplyDeletebabaluccia.blogspot.com
Love this minimal look! Your hair look gorgeous! And even through this jacket isn't best quality, it does look amazing in photos! :)
ReplyDelete-Leta | The Nerdy Me
Thanks Leta xx
DeleteWhat a cool look love! I adore your hair style! Curls give this outfit a really chic touch. :)
ReplyDeleteBianca xx
http://baltisoul.com
Thanks Bianca xx
DeleteLove this jacket, the color is so pretty. You look gorgeous.
ReplyDeleteNina
http://www.ninasstyleblog.com
I've heard such amazing things about New Chic recently so its such a shame to hear this jacket wasn't all you thought it would be! Still, it looks beautiful the way you've styled it and your hair is amazing! x
ReplyDeleteViva Epernay
Thanks Sarah xx
DeleteGorgeous photos, your hair extensions look so natural!
ReplyDeleteDefinitely agree with your blank canvas, and that jacket is the perfect accompaniment
Gorgeous polished/off duty look
What Raj Wants
Great jacket. Dark denim (preferably black) is usually my go to as well.
ReplyDeleteAmy Ann
Straight A Style
<3
Deletei love the olive green color! great color combo!
ReplyDeleteLove the jacket's colour and you look adorable...xoxo, Neha
ReplyDeletehttp://www.theinstylejournal.com/
Love the color of that sweater, it's quite perfect!
ReplyDeleteCharacters & Carry-ons
It's nice to see an outfit post from you. Thanks for being honest with us about the parka you have received, S! Yet, it looks ok to me and I personally think it stands out in the outfit. I have never used extensions, neither I want to, but I didn't notice at all you wear such, so they must be good.
ReplyDeleteSun and Sany - Bulgarian travel and leisure blog
Thanks S, I always endeavor to be as honest as possible. And I'd also love to do more of these, just trying to find time between me and my photographer buddy can be trying at times xx
DeleteThat jacket looks perfect on you! I know the color isn't originally what you thought it'd be, but it suits you well!
ReplyDeletex Sarah
http://www.bohochiccafe.com
Thanks Sarah xx
DeleteI actually thought the jacket looks great on you, Sonia but I understand the disappointment of expecting something and receiving something else. I guess I got really lucky with my boots and flats. Love Irresistible Me products, I have the curling iron and it's great! Have also seen lots of reviews on the extensions and they seems to be exceptionally quality too.
ReplyDeleteShireen | Reflection of Sanity
Though this jacket was a bit of a flop, my second piece from them was actually pretty good. I was actually really happy with it. xx
Deletelove that green trench!
ReplyDeletewww.prettyinleather.net
Very easy but sttlish combo!
ReplyDeleteI really like your jacket even if you expected something different, I think that's it not bad at all!
xxx
S
http://s-fashion-avenue.blogspot.it
Thanks S xx
DeleteHey, thank you for visiting my blog,
ReplyDeleteyou look lovely, I really like this comfy but stylish outfit, and I adore your jacket ^^
xoxo
http://www.mathildesdaily.com/
I love this gold necklace! What a cute touch!
ReplyDeletehttps://forsevenseasons.wordpress.com
I love the color and style of your jacket -- great outfit! Have a nice weekend.
ReplyDeletehttp://www.mintnotion.com
Love the jacket and the necklace! Really pretty!
ReplyDeleteOh I hear you about flattened hair. It is nice when it is blown straight as it looks less frizzy but my face is long and angular so I need bouncy body and waves to off set this. And wow this was done professionally it just happened? Nice!
ReplyDeleteAllie of
www.allienyc.com
Love the pastel green, Sonia! I think the colour suits you well. Happy weekend, babe! xoxo
ReplyDeleteMy weekend uniform of choice is mostly distressed denim in any wash, dark light and inbetween. I love how you build your look around the black pants. Btw your hair is gorgeous. Like you have a beautiful and healthy head of hair! The extensions work and look great then. Don't you just hate when you receive something in the mail only to see it's different than what you ordered. Glad this one grew on you cos it's actually gorgeous. Great color on you too. Casual but very clean look babe, love it.
ReplyDeletehttp://fashionablyidu.blogspot.com/
During summer my hair become brighter due to the sun and I like this effect.
ReplyDeleteThese extensions looks really natural and nice:)
jointyicroissanty
This Newchic jacket is so cute and I am loving your go-to uniform! And your blonde ombre hair is gorgeoua
ReplyDeleteRachel xx
http://www.thedailyluxe.net
I'm into uniform dressing as well. I love how it takes away the hassle and saves time when I'm getting dressed at times. That jacket look great and I bet it will be quite versatile too.
ReplyDeleteThe hair extensions looks so natural
ReplyDeleteLovin the trench coat as well
The Bandwagon Chic | Instagram | Bloglovin | Snapchat: bandwagonchic
You look great dear. Your hair color is amazing.
ReplyDeleteHappy Sunday.
www.kelpasdiary.com
This is absolutely amazing! I’m obsessed. Have an amazing new week. :)
ReplyDeleteStyle For Mankind
Facebook
Bloglovin
Gorgeous! Love the shirt
ReplyDeleteHope you’re having a Fabulous Sunday! Kisses,
BLOG | TAISLANY
Sonia you look stunning, really love the outfit, I was going to purchase something similar :) I wouldn't even of thought you had hair extensions in.
ReplyDeleteMeme xx
New Post:
Avon First Look: Urban Safari Jumpsuit
www.thedayinthelifeof.co.uk
Great outfit and I LOVE that jacket :)
ReplyDeleteIvona from www.thesmokedetector.net
xoxo
You're fortunate to have voluminous hair Sonia and these extensions look lovely in your hair! The dainty chain necklace goes perfectly with the t-shirt too :)
ReplyDeleteGabrielle | A Glass Of Ice
x
What a lovely jacket... Your hair looks so wonderful and glossy :)
ReplyDeletexoxo
www.bellezzefelici.blogspot.com
What a great look - that jacket is gorgeous and I can just imagine how much wear you could get out of it in many situations!
ReplyDeleteMusings & More
the trench is really nice, i like green, besides you have a lovely hair texture, the volume is super wow
ReplyDeletehttp://www.melodyjacob.com/
I know what u mean regarding the jacket but let me say its so cool on u Sonia and fits ur style so well! How lovely to see an outfit post from u, u should post it more often! Btw, the extensions are great, love the gorgeous volume effect and the color blending, u look FANTASTIC! xo
ReplyDeleteLoving the jacket!
ReplyDeleteFell for your hair!!
www.bangsbang.com
How gorgeous is your hair! You look fab, love the look xx
ReplyDeletehttp://www.thatnewdress.com
In love with the green jacket! You look very cool and your hair looks stunning. I do like the black denim, I'm always in denim it seems
ReplyDeleteHttp://leftbankgirl.blogspot.com
you should post more ootd's! love this jacket on you :)
ReplyDeletewww.samanthamariko.com
I so love minimal looks like this, they're always my favourite because minimal outfits are what I actually wear- especially on just a day to day basis. Really loving that plain ASOS tank as well, I've been needing a good basic like that in my wardrobe for a while now.
ReplyDeletewww.thesundaymode.blogspot.com.au
I love the jacket, and your hair is so beautiful!
ReplyDeletexx Anne / Annesmiles
it's always a pleasure discover your posts. you're really amazing!
ReplyDeleteXO XO B4Shopping di Sheila
love how simple this outfit is !
ReplyDeletewww.desireeswardrobe.net
Love the simplicity of your look!
ReplyDeletehttp://chicglamstyle.com