If I'm honest, the infamous ugly Christmas sweater party is something I wasn't overly familiar with until recently. A most humorous American tradition somewhat lost to Australians (perhaps even the rest of the world?). And rightly so. Us folks residing in the Southern Hemisphere are not privy to those famed white Christmas' as our counterparts on the opposite end. For us, Christmas falls in the midst of summer so sweaters are essentially irrelevant for obvious reasons. Nonetheless an influx of ghastly festively themed t-shirts can always be located without much strain.
Lately I've noted amongst my Facebook peers numerous soirees celebrating this amusing tradition. Hell, I was even invited to one last week! "Ugly Christmas Sweater Parties", who would have thunk it? And while I politely declined due to event collision it still got me searching for a sweater to wear. Even if the temperatures are set to soar to 37°C this weekend. So when it comes to finding that unseemly piece, personally I'd prefer something that I actually wouldn't mind wearing. because it doesn't sit well for me to purchase something solely to use on one occasion. Most of these selections are overly cheesy like the "Bah Humbug" piece, which is actually a DIY or the reindeer knit but #Elfie and "Team Santa" are still very much wearable in the month of December. Dare I say cool even?
-Sxx
CLOCKWISE
Team Santa t-shirt from Simply Be
#Elfie sweater from eBay
Snowman sweater from Simply Be
Reindeer knit by Jolt
Bah Humbug DIY sweater from Nordstrom


Sweet sweaters :D
ReplyDelete_______________________
wiktoriakarnecka.blogspot.com <-- KLIK
Love these ugly Christmas sweaters! The snowman and the #elfie one are my favourite.
ReplyDeleteFlorals&Smiles
Purchasing for a one time use doesn't go down well with me either. These are some pretty ugly sweaters though. I love the #elfie, :)).
ReplyDeletehttp://fashionablyidu.blogspot.com/
Purchasing for a one time use doesn't go down well with me either. These are some pretty ugly sweaters though. I love the #elfie, :)).
ReplyDeletehttp://fashionablyidu.blogspot.com/
That's my fave out of the bunch Idu xx
DeleteAwesome post.
ReplyDeleteBlog | http://themakeup-gypsy.blogspot.com.au/
Bloglovin | https://www.bloglovin.com/blogs/makeup-gypsy-13585555
Instagram Beauty Blog | https://www.instagram.com/themakeupwhisperer/
I love christmas sweaters especially when a reindeer is taking centerpiece! :) xo~ Lena
ReplyDeletewww.felinecreatures.com
I'm quite unsure as to which hemisphere I reside in but I know that White Christmas will never touch lands here -- more like a hail of unapologetic monsoons. I've always enjoyed the ugly sweater tradition, and I'm always on the lookout for sweaters to procure for the occasion regardless of the 30*C weather, because let's be honest, who doesn't love a bizarre, ridiculously loud and brightly coloured sweater?
ReplyDeleteMay | THE MAYDEN | Bloglovin'
I think were on the same side May, though your closer to the prime meridian (I think) xx
Deleteoh i love Christmas and i love Christmas Sweaters!
ReplyDeletehttp://carrieslifestyle.com
Posts online about Australia, Rio, Amsterdam...
Hehehe I think I need the #Elfie one. Soo cute and clever!
ReplyDeleteTina
www.justatinabit.com
;o)
Deletea perfect selection for these holidays
ReplyDeleteI love the snowman jumper! :)
ReplyDeleteWe have some of those glittery, over the top festive tees! We wear them each Christmas eve as we bake cookies and watch movies, it's become a tradition!
Away From The Blue Blog
That is an awesome tradition Mica xx
DeleteSuch a cute and cool selection of sweaters Sonia! Thanks for sharing!;)
ReplyDelete♥♥♥
Jeanne
http://www.fashionmusingsdiary.com
what a lovely post my dear
ReplyDeleteamazing sweaters
with love your AMELY ROSE
Awesome post!! :D
ReplyDeleteAbraço (:
NEW POST! Through Streets Unbeaten
Yes is a big time USA tradition also exchange of bake cookies which I went last night with wearing a ugly sweater. You should start a tradition maybe ugly bikini or tops you maybe will start a cool warm weather tradition.
ReplyDeleteHahaha, not sure about the bikini's but I love the suggestion Jackie xx
DeleteLOVE the Elfie one so cute!
ReplyDeleteHave a merry week
MUCH LOVE KAREN
(STYLESMORGASBORD) [BLOGLOVIN])
"Ugly" but so adorable :)
ReplyDeletefashionabejita.blogspot.com
These are such cute sweaters
ReplyDeleteCandice | Beauty Candy Loves
Nice sweaters!
ReplyDeleteEliana,
http://around-eliana.blogspot.pt/
I'm all about this ugly sweater trend, makes me feel super seasonal!!
ReplyDeleteDani x
This would be a challenge for me as I also would have to be able to find a choice that I personally wouldn't mind wearing. And it also seems like a waste of money since it would be a one off type of thing though I suppose it could become some sort of tradition.
ReplyDeleteIts so amusing how other buys those sweaters, but once you wear it, its kinda quirky and fun!
ReplyDeleteEverglow ~ Styleccentric Fashion' | BLOGLOVIN
XOXO Alyssa
I'm not really into ugy Christmas sweater but I like that "Team Santa" :)
ReplyDelete♥ STYLE VANITY ♥
I never had one!
ReplyDeletexoxo
http://direitoporlinhastortas-id.blogspot.pt/
I always loved those, geeky ugly sweaters, I always would pair them with heels and lipstick
ReplyDeletexoxo - Style.. A Pastiche
These are some lovely "ugly sweaters"!
ReplyDeleteAre you interested in following eachother on Gfc?
I'd be happy if we keep in touch and keep supporting eachother :-)
xo from Italy,
Sonia Verardo
http://www.trenchcollection.com/
These sweaters are perfect! I love them! I love ugly sweater parties, especially when pets are involved. If you think ugly sweaters on humans is funny, you should see them on dogs.
ReplyDeleteConnie | Sponsored by Coffee | Etsy
OMG I need to see this xx
DeleteThese are cute! x
ReplyDeletewww.bibigoeschic.com
Ah, these are great, and the selfie one isn't that ugly : O
ReplyDeleteAllie of ALLIENYC
www.allienyc.com
Love these ugly sweaters, they actually look so fun and festive!
ReplyDeletehttp://fashionradi.blogspot.com/
Wonderful post!!! I am really loving the Wildfox Christmas tree one! Excellent round up :)
ReplyDeleteXoxo Annie
http://www.somethingswellblog.com/
Great sweaters
ReplyDeletehttp://retromaggie.blogspot.pt/
I totally love the whole 'ugly sweater' party idea! I would totally include that on an invite if I were hosting a Christmas in July party when it's actually our Winter! LOL
ReplyDeleteI already have two in my collection... I'm sure I could add a few more!
X
Anjelique
http://www.anjelique.com.au | snapchat: anjeliquetv
That is actually a really great idea, though you'd have to buy them in advance for June. I actually don't own any myself. I used to have one that I brought to wear to work when I was working in retail but that is long gone xx
DeleteHaha, the #Elfie one is so funny! :D
ReplyDeletehttp://carolinapage.eu
Great picks, love the green one!
ReplyDeleteHave a lovely day :)
Rosanna x
Rose's Rooftop
Cool selection, I need a x-mas sweater now!
ReplyDeletexo Paola
Expressyourself
My Facebook
These are so cute! I love the little reindeer!
ReplyDeleteFizz and Frosting
You always make me smile Sonia! Here we havent that tradition as well but I love them lol! I think uglier is the sweater and more I like it!XD I just bought one from H&M as u might have seen it on the blog but is very plain, I wish I got the elfie one!:P HUGS! xo
ReplyDeleteI personally really like the Christmas sweaters, and I even own 2, which I wear during the whole winter, not only on Christmas. So I wouldn't say they are ugly to me. That party event on Facebook you were invited to sounds awful, I would have declined too!
ReplyDeletesunandsany.com
That is awesome S. I'd love to see you rockin' them out xx
DeleteYou are so right, maybe they apre ugly but i like them and i think i'm wearing one of Those on christmas's eve. Feeling comfy and happy
ReplyDeletehave a splendid week
xxx
mari
www.ilovegreeninspiration.com
We actually just had an ugly sweater party last weekend. It was so much fun seeing what everyone found. You've shared some great ones.
ReplyDeleteAmy Ann
Straight A Style
Thanks Amy Ann xx
DeleteCute, I like it! Have a cool day, love!
ReplyDeleteElvish jewelry on my last post HERE!
•♥• Mary María Style •♥•
Oh, I love these sweaters! So cute, and comfy!
ReplyDeleteWritingMonique
These are so cute!! Love the reindeer one!! Have a great day and thank you for sharing!
ReplyDeletewww.laurenfarrellny.com/blog
My favorite is Team Santa!
ReplyDeletehttp://www.silkypearl.com/
I love these kind of sweaters so much! haha
ReplyDelete** I'm inviting you to join Love, Beauty Bloggers on facebook. A place for beauty and fashion bloggers from all over the world to promote their latest posts!
NEW POST: Pink Sugar Sweet Cheeks HD Cheek Color In Concrete Jungle Review and Swatch
Haha, these sweaters are cool in strange way;)
ReplyDeleteI'm not familiar with this tradition too:)
jointyicroissanty
Such cute "ugly" sweaters, haha! I'm really loving that #elfie one, so cute! Thanks so much for sharing and I hope you're having a wonderful day so far!
ReplyDeleteXO,
Jalisa
www.thestylecontour.com
Ah how cute is that team santa shirt!? Love your picks amiga!
ReplyDeletexo
Michaela
http://michaelajeanblog.com
http://michaelajeanart.com
<3
Deletenice clothes :)
ReplyDeletemy blog: http://locastrica.blogspot.com/ :)
You're not the only one who is unfamiliar with this tradition, I'm not either, Sonia. My husband jokingly suggested that he might get one for me as a Christmas gift and I shot him my most lethal dagger looks...needless to say, he never mentioned it ever again. LOL!
ReplyDeleteReflection of Sanity | Palmer's Cocoa Butter Care Package Giveaway (Canada ONLY)
Bahahaha! Strangely enough I can picture that conversation xx
DeleteI see ugly Christmas sweaters every where, but I think they are cool. Lovely picks!
ReplyDeletehttp://missymayification.blogspot.co.uk
Hahaha, "Ugly Christmas Sweaters"! Haha! My family and me never wear those sweaters on Christmas but I remember those from every Christmas movie I watched. LOL
ReplyDeletexoxo Ira
JOURNAL OF STYLE / BLOGLOVIN
So kitsch =). !
ReplyDelete