Ok guys, I can confidently say that these cookies are the best ever. Truly. These are the best chocolate chunk cookies in the world and I'd be willing to stake my life on it. Not only are they the most delectable, chocolaty-chunky morsels ever, they're also incredibly effortless to make. All you have to do is mix, roll and bake. Et voila. The only problem you may encounter is finding the will to stop yourself from devouring the entire tray. Especially when they come out of the oven and are at their most irresistible. Warm, molten and gooey. How does one resist such temptation?
The original recipe called for walnuts. And if you're anything like myself you would have been thinking, "ewww, walnuts". I did contemplate substituting them for something significantly less bland and more flavourful like pecan nuts but thankfully I did not. Somehow those earthy tones walnuts emanate pair well in this cookie. You get the crunch and texture from these nuts and all sans that awful insipidness that I associate walnuts with. Best of all they reduce the overall sweetness, making all that chocolaty goodness more prominent for your taste buds. It's actually a perfect pairing. Who knew?
That said, am I walnut convert? Probably not. Would I consider using them again? In this recipe, hell yes. In others? Probably not.
What can I say, I'm stubborn when it comes to certain dislikes, especially concerning food.
////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
INGREDIENTS:
125g butter, softened
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla essence
1 1/2 cups of plain flour
180g dark chocolate, roughly chopped
30g milk chocolate, roughly chopped
1 cup walnuts, roughly chopped
Preheat oven to 180°C / 356°F and line two baking trays with baking paper.
Beat butter and sugar until well combined.
Add the egg and vanilla essence and beat until thoroughly incorporated.
Add flour and mix well using a wooden spoon then add the chocolate and walnuts.
Roll mixture into large walnut sized balls and place on the baking tray, leaving a space of 3cm between each ball.
Flatten slightly with the underside of a spoon.
Bake for around 20 minutes or until lightly browned.
Allow cookies to rest and completely cool
[ Recipe adapted slightly by Sarah Hobbs for Australian Good Taste magazine ]
Et voila.






Sonia, those look so good! It's awesome when you can tweak a recipe to your liking.
ReplyDeletehttp://www.averysweetblog.com/
These look seriously yummlicious Sonia! And they sound so simple to make! I tend to be stubborn when it comes to food dislikes as well much to my mom's chagrin when I was growing up ;p
ReplyDeleteRowena @ rolala loves
Can I get some milk with that? These cookies look so dang good!
ReplyDeleteTina
www.justatinabit.com
Yeah, totally! Some milk please! Actually I'm not a fan of nuts in general but now totally tempting for those choco cookies, Sonia! ;) Warm, molten and gooey!! That's how I love cookies and cakes too! Irresistable FOR SURE!! Happy you've shared it with us, dear! Thnx!
Deletexxx Ira
JOURNAL OF STYLE / BLOGLOVIN
OMG this looks so delicious!!
ReplyDeleteCANDICE | BEAUTY CANDY LOVES
Looks so yummy!! Thanks for sharing your recipe!!
ReplyDeletewww.effortlesslady.com
OMG, I love it when you bake! You got me drooling all over my keyboard, Sonia! xoxo
ReplyDeleteWow! Look amazing!
ReplyDeleteTanks for this sweet recipe
xoxo
http://instagram.com/ladyfur?ref=badge
http://www.welovefur.com
Oh yum these sound so good! It's good to know you didn't mind the addition of the walnuts either, as they wouldn't be my first choice for chocolate chip cookies, so its' great to hear you recommend them.
ReplyDeleteThey look so tasty and I totally want a cookie now haha!
Away From The Blue
But Sonia, walnuts are the best! :D Heehee...thanks for sharing this recipe. I do so wish I have more time to bake, but alas, laziness takes over most of the time...sigh....these do look oh-so-good and my kiddos would probably inhale them in a heart beat!
ReplyDeleteAll we need is a large glass of milk to join these delicious amazing cookies yum
ReplyDeleteThese look so amazing! xx
ReplyDeleteALLURE OBSESSED - BEAUTY BLOG // BLOGLOVIN'
yummy!
ReplyDeletexoxo, rae
http://www.raellarina.net/
Yummy!!! It looks so delicious! I'd love to taste it))
ReplyDeletehttp://fairyland111.blogspot.com/
I want to try it. it look so yummy.
ReplyDeletewould you like to follow each other? If you follow me,
I will follow you back after it.
www.tomntins.com
Ooooh, it looks so tasty! I wanna eat it so badly! Mmm...yummy!
ReplyDeletexx Bash | Bash Says Hey | bloglovin'
Oh you Sonia!!! What have you done again? I just saved this recipe and will try it like real soon!
ReplyDeleteThank you for the temptation lol!
http://www.distinguisheddiva.com/2015/06/prosfygika-athens.html
Ugh, it looks so good! I'm craving like crazy right now!
ReplyDeleteMay x • THE MAYDEN
Walnuts..... DYING over these cookies!!!! LOL!!!!!
ReplyDeleteCiao Sonia!!!!
Kisses, Paola.
Expressyourself
My Facebook
Wow! That looks divine.
ReplyDeletexx Falasha
Bite My Fashion ll Instagram ll Bloglovin'
Omg!!! It looks so delicious!!!
ReplyDeletexx Furore Magazine
Omgggggggggg!!! This look so amazing!! Now I really want a chocolate chip cookie!! Yum!
ReplyDelete<3 Shannon
Upbeat Soles
Oh, these look so tempting! I'd love to try to prepare them, but I suck at cooking. Otherwise, I wouldn't mind give them a try!
ReplyDeletesunandsany
I so love this. Thank you for sharing and have a great day! :)
ReplyDeleteSTYLEFORMANKIND.COM
Me neither Sonia, I'm so tempted just looking at the photos and they almost killed me! Oh my, a huge kudos to you! Chocolate Chunk Cookies are my fav and I do believe they are the best ever. Im as you regarding walnuts you know, so now Im very curious to taste them just how is the original recipe. Well done! Hugs xo
ReplyDeleteThese look so so delicious, I think chocolate cookies have to be my favourite biscuit - these look amazing! xx
ReplyDeleteSammie | sammiephotography.blogspot.com
Yum!! Those look incredible!
ReplyDeleteMelanie @ meandmr.com
so yummy.
ReplyDeletexx
http://losaway.blogspot.com.es
OMG I'm hungry now!!
ReplyDeletehttp://fashionwalkinbrussels.blogspot.com/
I can feel the in my mouth right now
ReplyDeleteMelange-Boutique Blog by Noe&Lolita
oh dear god yes please!! love the generous ratio of chip in there xx
ReplyDeletesteph / absolutely-fuzzy.com
These cookies look so good, I'm glad there is not too much sugar in them too!
ReplyDeletehttp://www.mintnotion.com
Mmm these look SO GOOD! My daughter would have fun making and eating these :)
ReplyDeleteRedLip&Love
OMG they look so delicious!! Yummy! Thanks or the tips!!
ReplyDeleteBaci,
Coco et La vie en rose - Valeria Arizzi
Ohh yum! I need to try this soon!
ReplyDeleteHave a great weekend!
xx The Girl in the Bunny Ears
ZHANGPASI.com/girlinthebunnyears
These are to die for, so so so good. I need cookies. Now.
ReplyDeletexx Naomi in Wonderland
Thank you so, so much sweetie :D
ReplyDeleteOMG!!!!! LOOKS SO DELICIOUS!
I have to try to do here at home :D
NEW OUTFIT POST ON THE BLOG <3
Instagram ∫ Facebook Oficial Page ∫ Miguel Gouveia / Blog Pieces Of Me :D
Gosh, they do indeed look amazing! I WANT ONE NOW :D
ReplyDeletexx
Thank you for the recipe! x
ReplyDeleteHahaha well at least you tried the walnuts. I love walnut cookies with chocolate. My sister bakes awesome one. I bet you would like them too. These cookies look sooooo yummy. Oh I would love to try them :D Happy Friday Sonia!
ReplyDeletexx
These cookies looks just amazing, I need one of them now!!
ReplyDeleteSend u kisses!
STYLE & FLOWERS // BLOGLOVIN
It looks delicious! Thanks for sharing the recipe :)
ReplyDeleteSTYLE VANITY
mhhh i can't see that at this time!giulia
ReplyDeletewww.theslashgirl.com
What a great recipe, totally got me thinking about grabbing some chocolate chunk cookies at Starbucks next door! :) xo~ Lena
ReplyDeletewww.felinecreatures.com
Argh! I'm trying to get a bikini ready body and here you are tempting me with these delicious cookies! OMG, they look to die for, Sonia! I'm bookmarking this and will be giving it a go this weekend. I'll substitute chocolate chunks with chocolate chips because I'm lazy. :-P Will let you know how it goes!
ReplyDeleteShireen | Reflection of Sanity
Wow, these just look so tempting! Love this post!
ReplyDeleteLeftbankgirl.blogspot.com
And happy weekend my dear Sonia :-)
ReplyDeleteLooks yummy
ReplyDeleteNew post :
www.miharujulie.com
Yummmmmmy! looks amazing!
ReplyDeletehttp://www.simplethingsbyjok.com/
buonissimi
ReplyDeletefashionseducer.com
OMG! This is so good!
ReplyDeletexoxo
https://www.bloglovin.com/blogs/donkeycool-4487669/
Omg Sonia, those cookies look so good! I wanna try it right now ahah :)
ReplyDeleteOh yummy, yummy! Great recipe! ♡
ReplyDeleteLove,
Lisa - www.confettiblush.com
Ummm que rico
ReplyDeletete espero por mi blog besoss
http://agirlwithalotofglamour.blogspot.com.es/2015/06/yellow-pants.html
Sonia this looks amazingly delicious mnyam I am such a chocohlic so I can just imagine this was amazing! I was just explaining today to my boyfriend how I amte the best tripple choc.doughnut in my life and made him try one..he did not regret it hahaha. Anyways good job and thnx 4 stopping by my blog the other day kiss
ReplyDeleteGreetings from London!
BAMBAM_BLOG
Xoxo
They look so good!!
ReplyDeletesunmoonstyle.blogspot.co.at
These cookies look so divine, it looks like you could open a cookie shop. Nobody but us would know how easy it is to make it. I love how the chocolate looks so chunky and are made from real chocolate chunks and not choco chips. I've not seen any choco cookie like yours before. I think leaving the walnut there is a good choice. I can already imagine the balance.
ReplyDeleteAbout your previous post, I hate how time is passing too quickly. Seriously, where did all the time go? It makes me so sad just thinking about how fleeting time is.
RYC:
Sonia, I had to google "Miss Delevingne" to realize I know who this model is w/o knowing her name. I think her eyebrows are GREAT! One thick eyebrows (that's shaped) but I absolutely dislike is Lily Collins as Snow White in Mirror Mirror. Each time I looked at her, I want to tweeze her eyebrows. She looks so pretty now and from The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones onwards. Still thick eyebrows but a lot thinner than Mirror Mirror. I know what you mean by that Nike tick shape. Initially I didn't but after you described it, I know. Did the professionals even think those were nice? I get that it fit some people but it doesn't fit many who sport that shape too. It seems like from the comments here, many of you have got trust issues about letting others do your brows. For me, I would try to shape as much as possible by myself until it gets too unruly before going for threading. The shape for threading usually turned out well just that my brows would be a lot thinner and also the unsymmetrical shape would still be there. Blame my natural brows!
Jo
Jo's Jumbled Jardinière
o
ReplyDeletem
g
i just ate a box of cookies after looking at this.
not joking!
xx.M
www.bellesandrebelles.blogspot.com
um yum these look delicious!!
ReplyDeletethis looks like a treat, yummy.
ReplyDelete✿thefashionflite
✿twitter
✿Bloglovin
✿FaceBook
OMG, this is the most delicious sight I've had today. Totally yummy!!!
ReplyDeleteLUXESSED
WOW, love these!!!
ReplyDeletexx Elisa
www.francinesplacediy.blogspot.com
OH my GOSH! Sonia! These look beyond incredible and ever so gooey - just how cookies should be :) Your photography in this post is ever so impressive, by the way, they look straight out of a magazine!
ReplyDeleteGabrielle | A Glass Of Ice
x
These look so good Sonia! I'm sure I would've eaten half the batter too hahaa. Love your photography also. Which camera do you use? And how do you get the pics to be blurry like that??
ReplyDeletexx
www.JuneWantsItAll.com
Oh wow.. they look perfectly baked! Absolutely delicious.. my all time favorite treat.. thanks for sharing Sonia, I'll definitely try your recipe! YUUMM <3
ReplyDelete-- new blogpost in my blog :)
Take care always, love Christine ~ xx
BLOG | BLOGLOVIN' | TWITTER | FACEBOOK
I have no doubt whatsoever that these cookies are the best. They look it. I'm not a fan of dark chocolate so I'd probably use white chocolate. Great idea to use walnuts Sonia. Would love to try this recipe soon. I'm excited. http://fashionablyidu.blogspot.com/
ReplyDeleteThese cookies are making my mouth water!
ReplyDeleteConnie | Sponsored by Coffee | Bloglovin’
SOOO YUMMY!!!
ReplyDeleteI love dark chocolate and cookies :)))
xoxo
www.bellezzefelici.blogspot.com
yummy
ReplyDeleteCheck out my new post on my blog
http://carrieslifestyle.wordpress.com
Posts online about Honolulu, Jesolo, Hong Kong...
OMG I need these cookies in my life <3 Awesome recipe, a big thanks for sharing it!
ReplyDeletexx
cvetybaby.com
These look SO delicious!
ReplyDeleteVioletDaffodils
xx
wow, it looks so yummy!
ReplyDeletehttp://differentcands.blogspot.com/
these look amazing! gorgeous photos too x
ReplyDeletenatasha // eyebrows, inc.
NAM! Now I'm craving some chunky chocolate chip cookies!!! Wondering if I have some chips in the pantry :D
ReplyDeletexoxo
Novelstyle
Yummm! Totally agree about walnuts, I normally don't like them but they really belong in chocolate chip cookies! These look sooo good!
ReplyDeleteGina
Pink Wings
OMG! we are walnut lovers and while i don't put them in my cookies I do love them in my banana bread.. unfortunately D is allergic.. so no more walnuts.. and no more banana bread :(
ReplyDeleteI´m just dying!! today, early this morning I was at the gym and these cookies came to my mind (actually with peanut butter too) and I did even my training quick in order to get some of those!! lol (cant help thinking about food while training!) Def I´ll bake them! and, of course, eat them!!
ReplyDeleteKisses
Fashion Avenue
http://fashionavenueabc.blogspot.de/
There's nothing I love more in this world than a really good chocolate chip cookie. These are making me drool.
ReplyDeleteDistrict of Chic
These look divine! They remind me of the Doubletree chocolate chip cookies (only ones I like with walnuts!)
ReplyDeletexoxo,
little luxury list formerly Chic 'n Cheap Living
Those look so good. Yum.
ReplyDeletehttp://www.dianavilic.com/
These look incredible omg!! Must try these out Thankyou for sharing
ReplyDeletewww.misslaurenmorgan.blogspot.co.uk