I've been rambling far too much about colour and not enough about these charming little cupcakes which I came upon via Pinterest (oh God bless Pinterest!). All it took was a quick glance at the ingredients and method and I was reaching for the beater and eggs. Another thing I find to be peculiar is how little we mention angel food in general. Its become rather rare these days and I can't tell you the last time I saw one for sale in a bakery or tempting me at a cafe. Well we do live in a world brimming with total chocolate addicts who continually foam at the mouth at the mere mention of devils food cake.
And while chocolate is always a good idea so should be a feather soft cake. And that is exactly what these cupcakes are; airy with a hint of delectable lemon. Silken and supple with a touch of creamy frosting and topped with a fresh raspberry. I should mention how the recipe also calls for a generous sprinkling of icing sugar, hence the name "snow angel", though having run out at the most inappropriate of times I ventured to improvise and attempted to create my own icing sugar by using a food processor. Of course to a normal person that's easy enough, for me it also involved an annoying coating of powdered sugar on the marble bench top I was working on. And it's at times like those that I wish I had my own cleaner.
Feel like serving these ethereal and dainty beauties during your own Holiday soirees or Christmas gatherings? Click here to view the original recipe from The Cake Blog.
Happy eating.
-Sxx



Omg looks so good hmmm
ReplyDeleteCandice | Beauty Candy Loves
xoxo
This looks amazing I will want to eat one now.
ReplyDeleteOh gosh, not only do these look delicious, but they look so darn pretty as well! Love the pop of red the raspberries give!
ReplyDeleteThey look great!! :) I'm such a bad baker >< My creations look always ugly, but they taste good! hahha Do you have some tips for me? I'm following you on bloglovin now!! I hope you will follow me back! :)
ReplyDeletehttp://itsmeeejennyy.blogspot.com/
Thanks Jenny. Practice makes perfect really. I used to be pretty bad myself, burning everything to a crisp so I turned to those boxed recipes you buy from the supermarket. You can't go wrong with those and they require little effort. I guess that's how I amped up my skills, just the basics but still. One day I decided to follow a recipe and I went ok, sure it wasn't as pretty as the picture in the recipe but it was edible and that was a win in my book lol. Just keep at it, you'll quickly learn from your mistakes J xx
DeleteLove it, sweetie ^_^
ReplyDeleteKisses,
Nicole
www.nicoleta.me
Aaah what a bad timing, I am starving! These look amazing!!
ReplyDeleteFashionably,
http://wingsforliberty.com/
Great job, because these look delicious!
ReplyDeleteTexas Jak
http://www.novermyhead.com
Amazing photos...............and soooo yummy.
ReplyDeletexox
Lenya
FashionDreams&Lifestyle
They look so tasty! ♥
ReplyDeletexo
http://adelinaschoice.blogspot.com
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Adelinas-Choice/255152961324843?fref=ts
These cupcakes look so yummy :)
ReplyDeleteyellowpumpkiin.blogspot.de/2014/12/warm-and-cozy-turtleneck.html
Ummm... YUM! Nothing else!!
ReplyDeletex Kirsty
http://geelongfashionista,com
I love that you started your post today talking about color, Sonia. I've always been fascinated by the use of color in every aspect of our lives. Unfortunately, I am so far from being an artist of any type that it just leaves me wondering and confused.
ReplyDeleteAs for Angel Food Cake, now, that is something I know just a tad more about. As a matter of fact, Angel Food Cake Day is celebrated in October and yes, I have a Pinterest board for that!!!
These little darlings are adorable. The touch of said red, is indeed the icing on the icing, which btw looks quite tempting.
Thank you so much for sharing, Sonia...I'm pretty sure I'll be pinning these, for sure!
I think it also leaves "artists" confused too. Colour can represent so many things really and if you delve deeply into it you'd probably drive yourself mad lol. I can't believe there is a day for Angel Food. That is incredible. I had no idea there were so many days dedicated to food until I came across your blog! xx
DeleteOh man those cupcakes look beyond delicious!!! Now I have a major craving for anything sweet and I blame you for it lol thanks for the warm BD wishes :)
ReplyDelete;o)
DeleteOMG. Looks great. Thanks for sharing and happy Thursday.
ReplyDeleteEye See Euphoria : http://eyeseeeuphoria.com/post/give-me-life
OmG! I want to eat one now!
ReplyDeletexoxo
http://www.bloglovin.com/en/blog/4487669
mmmmm Christmas is the tastiest holiday!
ReplyDeletePixelhazard | Bright Green Laces |
Mmmm, that looks good! Not gonna lie though, I actually prefer the color green over red, ha x
ReplyDeleteGreat opportunity to visit this blog. Amazing!!!
ReplyDeletexxx
www.noragouma.com
Im having a virtual breakfast with you with these delicious cupcakes now!:) Sonia, you know how much love your recipe, so happy to see one Xmas themed, And since I have a huge obsession for red, of course Xmas is for me the best time of the year, in which I can wear red from head to toe and put it everywhere!:P Congrats, these treats are so yummy, well presented and so appetizing!:) Hugs and have a nice weekend! xo
ReplyDeleteHehehe you're in your element right now Lilli! xx
DeleteWow, wow, wow!
ReplyDeletexoxo
www.bellezzefelici.blogspot.com
Uhmmmmm.... beautifulmand delicious cupcakes, great job Sonia!!!!!
ReplyDeleteHappy friday beauty!
Love, Paola.
Expressyourself
My Facebook
que buena pinta.Un besazo
ReplyDeletewww.thedesire.es
incredibly yummy!!!
ReplyDeleteI wish I could bake like this!
ReplyDeleteL'amour De Juliette | Christmas Give Away
Gosh, those pictures looks amazingly delicious, thanks for the link to the recipe, will be trying it out soon. xx
ReplyDeleteReflection of Sanity | Smashbox Giveaway
Very beautiful post. I like it. :)
ReplyDeletelove,
BEAUTYEDITER.COM
LIKE BEAUTYEDITER.COM ON FACEBOOK
FOLLOW BEAUTYEDITER.COM ON BLOGLOVIN
I just want to grab these out of my laptop and eat them.
ReplyDeleteThey look delicious.
*Stomach noises*
Xx Anne
www.sickchicksblog.blogspot.nl
I wish this were possible. Maybe on day! ;o)
DeleteYou're right, when I see a bold red in the month of December, I automatically think Christmas! These cupcakes came out beautifully, they look so yummy :)
ReplyDeleteMili
Wow Sonia!!!! Now I'm very hungry!!! Have a nice day, kisses (and thank you for your visit),
ReplyDeleteEni
http://eniwherefashion.blogspot.it/
https://www.facebook.com/eniwherefashion
Que preciosas fotos y que pinta tienen, me encanta el post.
ReplyDeletehttp://pepavallejos.wordpress.com/
Ooh I'd love to eat these!
ReplyDeletewww.internetlyaddicted.blogspot.co.uk
Omy! Those cupcakes make me crave. If only there's a cupcake shop nearby, I'm going to go there and buy some <3
ReplyDeleteHave a great day! :)
xoxo,
SHAIRA
http://www.missdream-girl.blogspot.com
Looks SOOOOO good, you have made me hungry! xx
ReplyDeleteSuki and the City
I'll need to check out that recipe asap! My husband will love it!
ReplyDeleteBella Pummarola
I think we associate red with the holidays because it is a warm and cheery color. those cupcakes look delish!
ReplyDeletewww.lettersimpromptu.blogspot.com
Good point! xx
DeleteThese must taste sooo good! Drool worthy post Sonia!
ReplyDeleteXO
Jeanne
http://www.fashionmusingsdiary.com
They really did Jeanne, they were heavenly! xx
DeleteOooooo...these look delectable. And colour theory is so interesting, eh? It is interesting how colour evokes certain memories for us...in this case, red for Christmas....
ReplyDeleteIt really is and so very complex at that xx
DeleteOmg this looks delicious and a perfect treat for the holidays!! Great post! :)
ReplyDeleteGIRL ABOUT TOWN BLOG
Facebook || Instagram || Bloglovin || Google+
They look so beautiful and delicious!
ReplyDeleteLooks so yummy!
ReplyDeletexoxo
beblondie.blogspot.com
Your photos are seriously stunning! The cupcakes look so yummy!
ReplyDeleteThe Velvet Black // UK Style & Beauty Blog
Thanks Alice xx
Deleteyumm this would be a great Christmas treat! cannot pass up a raspberry haha! :)
ReplyDeleteMetallic Paws
Can never pass up berries in general hehehe! xx
DeleteLooks so good!!!
ReplyDeletehttp://floralsandsmiles.blogspot.ca/
They look so pretty! I haven't tried baking because I'm scarred of what it will taste like. Haha :)
ReplyDeletexx Janelle
Styles & Prints
Awww, I'm sure they'll turn out fine if you give it a go! xx
DeleteOMG!!! I want to try it!! They look delicious!!
ReplyDeletexoxo
http://direitoporlinhastortas-id.blogspot.com/
You must Ines! xx
DeleteWow how beauties aren't they:). So pretty - well done Sonia.
ReplyDeleteEnjoy your holiday season.
Xxoo. http://attraction2fashion.com
The way you described these, yum! And they look flawless. Love these shots :)
ReplyDeleteLooks delicious!
ReplyDeleteXxx,
Julie | http://www.juliechagas.com/
Wow....Kiss
ReplyDeleteAiry cupcakes with lemon accents - WOW! This is what I need:)
ReplyDeleteIt looks appetizing and beautiful!
Can I have one of these now? Soo beautifully presented.
ReplyDeleteThese cupcakes look really good !
ReplyDeletewww.laminutedemy.com
Oh very cute cup cakes
ReplyDeletexx
www.sakuranko.com
They look cute and delicious! :) I like how red ushers in the start of the holidays! With Christmas, Valentines day and Chinese new Year there's a whole lotta red at the start of the year.
ReplyDeleteColours and the meanings behind them and the usage of them fascinates me too, it's an interesting area of study! (Not that I've studied it long, just in passing)
Away From The Blue
There certainly is a whole lot of red happening this time of year, not just with Christmas xx
Deleteooooh!! I need one of this :) Yummy!
ReplyDeletexoxo
rose
Wow , Sonia I really love your food posts! Lovely pics and these cupcakes are amazing!
ReplyDeletexx
cvetybaby.com
Bloglovin
Instagram
Thank you Cvetina xx
Deletethey're so pretty and look so yummy!!
ReplyDeletehttp://rueoh.blogspot.it
Thanks for sharing, I'll check out the recipe. Wish you a wonderful Sunday!
ReplyDeleteJasmine ♥
For a Real Woman
Wow, these look so amazing and delicious!
ReplyDeleteLove your blog, hope to see you soon on my blog
www.beneaththecoat.com
or Bloglovin
or Facebook :)
Kisses from Zurich,
K
Lovely bakes, Sonia! You certainly got me in the mood for X'mas, dear! xoxo
ReplyDeleteLuxury Haven
Oh these look sooooooo good!! And I like that they do not have to be perfect, yet are still beautiful.
ReplyDeleteAllie of ALLIE NYC
allienyc.com
I'd love for those cupcakes to magically pop up on a tray besides my sofa! Am I asking too much!
ReplyDeleteBaci,
Coco et La vie en rose - Valeria Arizzi
Not at all Coco. I wish I could zap these into your living room pronto xx
DeleteI am associate this season with the color red!!! So delicius cupcakes !!! I need the recipe.
ReplyDeletekisses
Duapara
Have a new post :)
Oh my! GIVE THEM TO ME! NOOOOOW! Looks so delicious!
ReplyDelete♘ www.sugarpopfashion.com ♘
Those look amazing! Love how you photographed them :)
ReplyDelete- MeYouandHayleyLarue.com
Nice post,kisses,
ReplyDeletewww.fashionismylifebyestefania.com
FACEBBOOK
I feel like I am always reaching for red during the holidays! I am usually not a red person either! Those cupcakes look divine! I want to reach through the screen and snatch one!
ReplyDelete<3 Shannon
Upbeat Soles
Davvero bellissimi, da provare!
ReplyDeletewww.francescaventurini.it
I agree, it is weird how we always associate this time of year with red, it just seems to 'work'! I love the picture….they look sooooooo yummy and I have such a sweet tooth!!!! Ah!
ReplyDeleteLayla x
www.sprinklesofstyle.co.uk
www.youtube.com/user/sprinklesofstyle
This looks good so yummy.
ReplyDeleteMerry Christmas xx
M
Yeah I could one or two.... or all of these cupcakes. They have fruit? That makes them healthy...
ReplyDeletehttp://www.deltapeach1.blogspot.com/
mmm, yummy ♥
ReplyDeleteℓα ℒιcσrηe - ℒa vie est ℓa petite ℓicorne.
❈ CHRISTMAS GIVEAWAY ❈