Shed no tear! oh, shed no tear!
The flower will bloom another year.
Weep no more! oh, weep no more!
Young buds sleep in the root's white core.
Dry your eyes! oh, dry your eyes!
For I was taught in Paradise
To ease my breast of melodies,-
Shed no tear.
Overhead! look overhead!
'Mong the blossoms white and red--
Look up, look up! I flutter now
On this fresh pomegranate bough.
See me! 'tis this silvery bill
Ever cures the good man's ill.
Shed no tear! oh, shed no tear!
The flower will bloom another year.
Adieu, adieu -- I fly -- adieu!
I vanish in the heaven’s blue,--
Adieu, adieu!
'Mong the blossoms white and red--
Look up, look up! I flutter now
On this fresh pomegranate bough.
See me! 'tis this silvery bill
Ever cures the good man's ill.
Shed no tear! oh, shed no tear!
The flower will bloom another year.
Adieu, adieu -- I fly -- adieu!
I vanish in the heaven’s blue,--
Adieu, adieu!
// John Keats
You know when you have one of those days. Days that seem to hit you with continuous sucker punches, relentlessness in it's pursuit of utterly destroying you? You can choose to crumble to the ground and cry with each and every draining blow or you can dust yourself off, ice those swollen sore limbs and use that sadness and anger to your creative advantage. Saturday was one of those days and with that I vented the darkness into something dramatic and hauntingly alluring. Using the incredibly dark and at times beautifully macabre photography one finds over at Banished From Camelot, a blog I am smitten with of late, some John Keats accompanied by some equally despairing, soulful tunes I created the above.
-Sxx
![]() |
| via banished from camelot |







Great inspirational images
ReplyDeletewow. those pictures are beautiful! your blog is amazing
ReplyDeletethesarcasticwasian.blogspot.com
Nothing better than deep poetry and hauntingly intriguing photos to cure a bad day. Hope all is well now sweety!
ReplyDeleteYes it is, thanks Sam xx
Deletethese b&ws are amazing!
ReplyDeletesteph / absolutely-fuzzy.com
Thanks for the comment. Will you like to follow each other on GFC and Twitter? xoxo
ReplyDeleteNew Post Fashion Talks
Lovely mood board. Intriguing series of images. Hope your day improved after such a fun creative escapism into the dark and macabre chillax! Allura x kittenlamoda.com
ReplyDeleteYeah, I've definitely had those days. And I usually end up getting to frustrated and beaten down I just cry, but I like how this post is about feeling empowered and taking advantage of those not-so-good days. Love the photos you chose. They represent the poem perfectly. Hope your weekend has gotten better : )
ReplyDeletexox,
anna-lamode.blogspot.com
Well this post is a masteripiece!!! I love keats!
ReplyDeletewow i loved the pictures <3
ReplyDeletewww.beautyandfashionfreaks.com
Those images are amazing!!!
ReplyDeleteJustaddcakeuk
I'm afraid I know what kinda days you're talking about. I had a couple of them last week, hitting me with full force. And yes, poetry and some amazing artwork works. I hope you're feeling better today, Sonia. Punch the sorrow right in its big fat ass.
ReplyDeleteSending tons of love :)!
xx
http://gita-oddsandends.blogspot.com/
You are such a great artist,so creative and very dreamy. I love these pictures and your words are super filling.
ReplyDeleteI love these intriguing pics!!!
ReplyDeleteI hope you are feeling better now Sonia, have a lovely monday!!!
Waoooo that photo!
ReplyDeletereally nice
See you soon...
www.ollyup.com
Looks like you took a dark day and turned it in to something postiive.
ReplyDeleteAllie of ALLIE NYC formerly Dressing Ken
I love this collection of photos so dark yet so amazing. I love it things with some noir vibe in it :)
ReplyDeleteWWW.STYLEVANITY.COM
hate those days..
ReplyDeletegorgeous images.
John Keats? Really?? Why didn't they teach us THAT at the university??? Anyway... Yes, I'm familiar with the feeling of a sucky day. But you know what they say - inspiration comes from pain. Or something like that.:) And it's obviously true!
ReplyDeleteP.S.: I can't believe I wrote sucky... That's such a big word for someone who studied English, isn't it?:D
So beautiful! I love your post !!
ReplyDeleteNew Post up...
❤ StylishByNature.com
Beautiful black and white pics! I studied Keats in secondary school if I remember correctly.
ReplyDeleteoh wonderfull photos, I love everyone of them
ReplyDeletethese photos are so impressive!
ReplyDeletexx
andysparkles
Follow me on Facebook
love the drama of every b&w photo :)
ReplyDeletelavinajampit.blogspot.com
haunting and amazing photos.. :)
ReplyDeleteAnimated Confessions
really gorgeous pictures !
ReplyDeletehttp://thelittlefashionistafx.blogspot.com/
These pictures so perfectly describe how I am feeling today! I am having a really bad day because I both physically and morally feel exhausted. I have been working for many days straight + going to university, I think my body is just wearing down & I can already feel that I am coming down with a virus or something. And I am also having some personal issues which just doesn't seem to go away!
ReplyDeleteThank you for the pictures, they came in such a perfect time for me!
www.callmemaddie.com
Amazing and so artistic photos <3
ReplyDeletecould you please like my facebook fanpage? I am young lover of fashion and would like to share my style with You ♥ If you also have got fanpage I will like it, just give me the link. www.facebook.com/berriesfashion
This is such a captivating post. I can totally relate. To be honest I've had a few too many of those days in recent times. Hope all is well with you now my friend.
ReplyDeleteI hope you feel better ;)
ReplyDeleteThose are such beautiful images, they really portray so much emotions in a very artistic way. I hope everything will be ok for you.
ReplyDeleteTake care always, love Christine ~ xo
Chriissydollxo Blog | BlogLovin'
Nice photos and poetry!
ReplyDeletehttp://www.beautyandthemist.com/
What beautiful images!!!
ReplyDelete... And words :)
xo,
miranda
Yeap, i know how these days can make u feel....The fotos are amazing.
ReplyDeleteMiss Margaret Cruzemark
http://margaretcruzemark.blogspot.com/
Amazing post! So frank and soulful!
ReplyDeleteLove it!
xx
http://ladyarrow.blogspot.com/
amazing work!post!ideas! your blog is unique..:-) do you want to follow me;;
ReplyDeletehttp://styleinthessbiky.blogspot.gr/